41

Binoy had not had a very strict opinion on what was good and bad for women but he shared his Dada's views on these topics. He just didn't get involved in domestic arguments like his Dada. He did not know if what happened was right or was his Dada wrong in trying to give happiness to the couple but Aniruddh was surely not happy and this did bother him. He was not sure if he wished for his bahu to be pregnant or Aniruddh to be happy. They both seemed at different ends right now.

Trilochan had been upset too seeing Aniruddh and Bondita like this. He didn't want them to be hurt. He thought they would go past it and happily welcome the baby but he was wrong. He just wanted to get a confirmation that his bahu was pregnant. He was sure everyone, including Aniruddh, would be happy after hearing the news of new arrival.

Bondita came out of the bathroom after changing from her school dress to her saree only to be startled.

Her Pati Babu sitting on the small bed by the door.

" Pati Babu...! You scared me...!"

She moved to keep her uniform in the almirah and was slyly moving towards the door.

" Bondita." His tone was strict. " Sit."

She obediently went to go sit on her bed with her head bowed down.

" We need to talk."

" I don't want to." The straight answer made Aniruddh's brows shoot up.

" Why ?"

" I just don't want to."

" You know what..." He tried to frame the sentence again. " Bondita...do you know what happened ?"

No answer.

" Bondita..."

" I don't remember anything..."
She did.
She just didn't want to share that.

" I don't remember a thing too. But...but I do know what happened." He waited for her to say something. Atleast look at him. It was all too much for him too.  The night that blemished him and scarred her... talking about it to her was killing him. But he did not have the luxury to think of himself right now. Bondita was much more important than all these feelings.

" Well I don't ! " She sounded as if on edge.

" Do you want to know...?"

Bondita looked up at him. Oh she remembered more than him. But he knew more than her. Who was going to be more ashamed in the end on sharing the knowledge they possessed ?
His hug that night was warm... loving... Different...
The kiss...it was the first time he ever kissed her...she still felt the tingle on her cheek where his lips landed that night. If the whole night was as beautiful as those moments then she wanted to know. But could she sit there listening to it without melting with blush and shyness. She never thought she could feel shy of her Pati Babu. But she did now.

And what if it was not that beautiful ? " The thing you have no understanding of will always feel wrong" she remembered him say. She really had no idea of such things. What if she regrets after listening to it all. What if she starts feeling what her Pati Babu felt now ?
Disgusted. She knew her Pati Babu felt disgusted of himself. What if she started feeling that way for herself ? Or worst. What if she ends up getting disgusted by him ?

Not a risk she was willing to take.

But there was a question she wanted to ask. Rape...but decided she really was in no condition to talk about any of those things.

" I don't want to know..." She replied at the end.

Aniruddh let out a disappointed sigh. He was barely holding himself. He needed her to speak, to let out every thing she was holding in.