✤ 10

"Hey, Mathew!" Tiffany greeted cheerfully, airpods in her ear as she made her way to get some coffee for herself and her roommate and then get to studying

"Hey, Tiff. How's college?" The guy named Mathew, asked.

Mathew was Tiffany's and Mark's best friend back in middle school.

"Hectic." She chuckled.

"I heard you and Mark finally caught up after long." He said.

"Yeah, I know right. And actually, I'm going to go visit him next month." She said.

"You think he didn't tell me?" He chuckled. "You're all he talks about."

She giggled as she entered the cafe. "Hey, mat, I'll call you later. I need to prepare myself to get coffee."

"Mhm. Talk to you later." He said.

"Yeah, bye." She chuckled and hung up.

"Oh, hey." A female's voice made Tiffany turn around. "How's your leg?"

"Uhm, do I know you?" Tiffany asked.

"You don't?" The female asked in a mocking voice. "You don't remember me? I'm Emily. Emily Byers. From middle school?"

"Oh...oh, hi." Tiffany felt her body tense up.

"How's your boyfriend? What was his name again? Mark?" Emily asked.

"He's...he's not my boyfriend..." Tiffany stepped back.

"Oh, is it so? Well I'm pretty sure he'd recognise my boyfriend. Calvin, come here, babe." Emily called out to a man who was ordering coffee.

"Well, you know, Mark isn't here. He's in Korea, he's doing a job there." Tiffany said.

"Yeah." Emily said, with a bored expression. "I saw him on TV the other day. Guess we can't see his scars because of the amount of makeup he puts on."

Tiffany gulped, looking away.

"I'm actually getting married next week." Emily said. "That's why we shifted here. How's your leg though? Didn't see you limping when you came inside."

"My leg's actually better, you know. Got a surgery." Tiffany smiled. "Now, I got things to do rather than have a chat. So I'll see you."