3

Harry Styles

"Okay... so the FBI knows about the list and Cindy. Did Amber blame the fire on her?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I asked Zayn, taking another sip of my whiskey. "Explain, please."

Zayn looked the most exhausted and stressed I had ever seen in long years, and I had a feeling he was trying to keep a strong front because things were much more fucked than he let on. And this wasn't a good sign.

I missed him a lot, though. The moment I saw him I remembered how easy things once were, but we had to focus on our safety now and life would never be the same again.

The trip back to the U.S. was stressful, Cleo and I were always on edge and expecting the worst, but everything went well and now we in my L.A. penthouse... and I had forgotten how big it was.

This used to be my first choice whenever I wanted to escape my father or my life in New York, and Zayn always joined me on those escapades. I was young and naive, but little did I know that buying this place in secret would actually be helpful in the future.

I glanced sideways at Cleo when she reached out her hand to grab my cup of whiskey, taking a small sip herself before she returned it to me. Her rings caught my attention and I had to force myself to not get distracted thinking about last night.

Well, I told her once I was gonna get her gold plated rings with her initials, just like mine but the right size for her fingers, and now she was very proudly wearing them.

She tested them quickly when she choked me yesterday but we didn't have much time... I was eager for her to do it again though, harder this time.

Always harder.

I still preferred when she carved her initials with the knife, but the rings were quite fun too. And we looked cute matching like this. I loved how she wasn't hiding her bruises anymore, she looked very fucking proud of them and it really turned me on.

And once again I got distracted by looking at her, she was so fucking beautiful. Her blue eyes seemed a bit darker today and she knew I loved this tank top she was wearing... made her tits look incredible, to be honest.

I couldn't wait to explore every surface of this penthouse, especially the windows. My favorite drawer was in my room upstairs and she was quite surprised when she saw the collar I had here... it was different than the one we brought along with us.

And of course, the many other toys I had in L.A. I wondered if she'd be into double penetration, I knew she could handle it and I had just the right toys to show her how fucking good I could make her feel

Focus, Harry.

For fuck's sake, I would always get carried away when thinking of us. And I had to remind myself we weren't alone.

It was so weird to see Zayn again, I was too used to it being just me and her. And it was strange for me to process that two fucking months had passed.

"Amber and her... informant helped with the information." Zayn cleared his throat, looking away from my eyes. "Amber knew about the list and the unknown files, so she started to do her research after Cindy.

The FBI knows it was her plan of revenge, on top of the whole trafficking case they had going on. Amber is kinda on desk duty, because of the pregnancy... but she has access to all the info, that's why we've been able to help you. She would've been able to help more if Cleo hadn't burned down Eroda."

Cleo chuckled under her breath, twisting the rings on her fingers as she looked at Zayn.

"I don't regret it." She smiled sweetly at him, but the look behind her eyes was very unfriendly. "That place needed to burn."