・❥ 034・

"Why are you making me hike?!" Violet complained as she climbed the stone stairs Zaiden was leading her to.

He laughed, "This is not hiking," he grabbed her hand, "C'mon."

Her eyes landed on how he clasped hers so perfectly, just how warm he felt, just how he lightly squeezed hers, making her feel so secure. But she ignored how these little things lingered.

He was pulling her up but she felt as if she's falling.

"Here," he let go of her hand and jogged a little. He gestured towards the railings as she caught her breath. Violet inhaled deeply before she walked to his side.

"What's here that you are so persistent—"

When she saw the hues of sunset start to fade while the city lights glisten and there revealed the hanging stars sparkling as the sky wore it like a jewel laced with diamonds, the moon peeking behind the clouds.

Ah, so this is why.

The fluttering feeling she had during that time was magical.

The wind blew, whipping her hair. Violet tilted her head sideways as she struggled to fix it when someone gently tucked it suddenly behind her ear.

"Heh," Zaiden chuckled, "Clumsy," he commented as he watched her.

It was cliché.

But clichés are cliché for a reason.

We come back to clichés exactly because we know them. Familiarity is sweet. Knowing what's about to happen yet still anticipating is nerve-wracking, euphoric even.

Clichés are like fall, nostalgic and gorgeous in pastels. Like the smell of the ground after rain... It's that kind of comfort.

Just like the way he is leaning closer to her right now. Eyes hooded and full of screaming silence. She couldn't help but close her eyes, her chest drumming and her insides ticklish.

Then she felt something on her forehead.

Disappointment? Irritation? Relief?

Violet wasn't sure what she felt or what she should feel as she realized he placed a note on her forehead.

Stupid sticky note.

Sticky note.

Sticky... note?!

Her eyes were wide as she held the piece of paper in between her fingers, shaking a little as it slowly dawned on her. Violet let out a gasp.

Same handwriting, same stroke and same echoes of familiar words.

"you, today and right this moment"

"Oh my god..." her hand covered her gaped mouth.

Everything surged like a wavestorm of realization. The struck of lightning one quiet, still, dark night.

It was as if someone removed their hands from covering her eyes after all this time.

Of course, she cannot find who the person is because she was subconsciously looking everywhere but in front of her.

In front of her...

Where his tall, lean figure, messy brown hair, deep enchanting eyes stood.

How could she even miss it?

How could she not see him?

How dare she not look at him?

"Bee?" Violet whispered, gaping at Zaiden.

This is the man behind those poetry, the beautiful feelings poured into her, that sometimes she doubts if she deserves all that.

"Hi," he chuckled and gave her a boyish smile.

Oh God. Her knees almost gave up.

Her heart skipped a beat and pounded so hard all at the same time. The butterflies flapped their wings as if they wanted to create a tornado inside her stomach.

Zaiden stared at her, and they held each other's eyes for seconds until finally, after all the days of searching and not really looking, it was like the stars finally aligned.

During that night, by the city lights and the calm sky.

He uttered.

"Vee."