70

Noah and Feng Yue secured Qi Rong and they walked outside to meet the others when they heard that sound again.

"What's that sound?" Noah asked Qi Rong, who looked around him in an obvious distress.

"Fuck, it's the newest Dolls that you father made!" Qi Rong looked so scared, it's almost comical.

"What new Dolls?" Feng Yue asked Qi Rong, who turned pale and trembled hard. "I never heard of any new Dolls were being made?"

"It's a secret your father kept from you, since he found out that you disabled your tracker and your brother's." Qi Rong explained to her, while he walked faster, almost running away. Noah and Feng Yue kept up with him, while she had a million things in her mind.

"He made new Dolls without my knowledge?" She became angry, since the Dolls' tech was hers to begin with.

"Well, yeah, since his most capable Dolls ran back to their original parents, he didn't have anyone on his beck and call again." Qi Rong moved faster. "You better move quicker, trust me, you don't want to get caught by them."

"Why, even the mighty Qi Rong is afraid of mere Dolls?" Feng Yue mocked him. Qi Rong was quite strong, at least as strong as Duncan. Speaking of Duncan… "Where's Duncan by the way? He's been incommunicado for a while now."

"You're kidding me right?" Qi Rong looked at her incredulously. "You really think I'm in shape to find out about the others? Let alone the Ringmaster? He's in better shape than me the last time I saw him."

"Where was the last time you saw him? Is he okay?" Feng Yue grabbed Qi Rong's neck, and he groaned.

"He's okay, I think. Your father knows that he meant something to you, so at least he won't kill him. Not right now anyway."

"Shit, I shouldn't leave him back then… I–" but her words were cut by high pitched screams from all around them, and she quickly took out her Diabolium Whip, while Noah took out his guns. She gave the nanites gun to Qi Rong. "Point, and shoot. It will only affect the Dolls, not humans, so don't even think of shooting at us."

"I told you I'm defecting!" Qi Rong yelled at her in frustration and he suddenly faced Noah's gun.

"Do not speak in that kind of voice to my wife. Or I'll blast your face off, no matter what kind of information you have."

This was the first time Feng Yue could see the original Noah, Hades, the demon hunter, whose voice was so cold, hell froze over because of it. And she was flattered for him to defend her honor.

"They're coming." Qi Rong suddenly whispered and his face paled. Right at that time they heard the growling sound of something inhuman surrounding them.

"I thought you said that they are the newest Dolls?" Feng Yue whispered at Qi Rong, while she listened closely to their surrounding. The sound was not human. It was more like… monsters.

"They are!" Qi Rong answered with fears in his eyes. "They are… chimeras. Your father did not want to make another human dolls anymore, so he made chimeras. A very terrifying creature who ate human flesh and very vicious with no leash except death." He looked around them and gulped. "And they're here."

"Well, I can be both genders, but it doesn't concern you." Wei Wuxian snapped her fingers again and turned into a female again. "So tell me, what are you doing here? Well, besides stalking us, and by us I mean my husband."

"You're about to find out." Meng Airan smirked and she then pulled out her necklace then crushed the red stone in the middle of it. Wei Wuxian could see that the stone was actually a glass vial that contained the special immortality serum. What she didn't know was that the serum was different from the other ones. It was the Chimera serum.

By the time all of them realized that, the serum was already fully absorbed by Meng Airan, and she started to scream from pain that tore her from the inside. Everybody took a step back from the gory change that was happening to Meng Airan, that turned her into some kind of a disgusting monster with three heads, four limbs and four legs. She stood more than two meters tall and her hair turned into snakes. She growled and drooled while looking around her, as if chosing which one she should devour first.

"Ugh." Na'Lan Jian was disgusted by the sight of the monster, but she didn't even flinch because she's used to kill ugly monsters.

"Yeah, ugh." Wei Wuxian agreed as they observed the shifting from Meng Airan to some kind of undescribable… chimera? Medusa?

"Are you going to keep admiring the thing or kill it?" He Xuan rolled his eyes when he saw how the two women ooh ahh-ing over the chimera.

"Them." Lan Wangji pointed his chin to the direction behind them as he took out a double katane from his ring.

They all turned around to see the army of chimeras moved over very quickly to their direction and open their jaws full of teeth and drools. They looked different than Meng Airan, who at least still retained her human shape. Those that came for them looked like a variety of animals, from dogs to bears, to snakes, with their retorted shapes.

"Ah, Jesus…" They suspected that those were the original occupants of the zoo, the long forgotten animals, and someone played doctor on them.

Wei Wuxian took out her long scythe and He Xuan wore his suit while Feng Xue took out a futuristic gatling gun out of his Abyss that quickly enveloped his hand and changed its shape to precisely mold into them. He Xuan nodded in approval while Na'Lan Jian looked at them all and smiled as she called out her familiar, Fujin. 

"Wow, nice fella you got there." Wei Wuxian whistled as she saw Fujin in his handsome young man's appearance.

"My familiar, Fujin." She smiled.

"Nice to metcha." Wei Wuxian gave him a salute while Lan Wangji frowned and pulled her closer. Na'Lan Jian smiled when she saw the familiar gesture of possessivenes that she often saw on her own son when he saw his fiance admiring other men, and also the same could be said to her own boyfriend, Yuwen Mo. She wondered if everyone in this family was an alpha man who loved to mark their territory. And that included her son.

"Guys, incoming, hot. Get ready." He Xuan spoke to them as he took out his guns too.

"Oh, I'm so fucking ready." Wei Wuxian swung her long scythe and grinned. This was going to be a massacre.