127. you'll be alright

EVAN HAD HAD HIS FAIR share of punches in his life, but he never would've thought that the calm and kind boy who had won Claudia Maple's heart would've been the one to punch his guts out

However, that was exactly what happened on that very night.

And, let's state the obvious, Evan fought back. However, he wasn't strong enough to take Remus, and it all came to a near end with Evan dealing with a broken and bleeding nose as three professors as quickly as possible headed towards the commotion that another student had arrived and warned them about.

Evan laughed bitterly as he stared at his bloody palm that had just rested on his nose, "You're gonna pay for this, Lupin!"

Now, it was Remus' turn to laugh. "You disgust me," he said, his voice as strained and bitter as it could be as he fought back the urge to punch him again and maybe break something more than just his nose.

"Oh, please," Evan laughed. "You're here on the behalf of your little girl, aren't you? I just knew that she wouldn't be able to defend herself! She's a coward, that one, let me tell you-"

"Don't fucking call her that," Remus snapped, failing to hold himself back any longer as he neared the boy and grabbed him by the collar, and shoving him against a wall.

"Oh, don't get all defensive!" Evan said, still laughing yet showing signs of fear in his eyes because no one had ever dared to send him such deadly looks, let alone stand so near him as he did so.

Well, except for Nicolas.

"She was clearly begging for it! You would get it if you saw what she was wearing, I mean-"

"If you ever touch her again without her wanting you to I will fucking kill you," Remus cut him off in a whisper. "And that's not a threat. That's a promise."

Evan gulped nervously as Remus let go off his collar and backed off. But then, a surge of amusement came over Evan yet again, and that smirk returned.

"Oh, I'm so scared!" He exclaimed in a girlish tone, one that quickly disappeared. "You wouldn't be able to kill me if your life depended on it, Lupin."

And then, Remus wasted no time on punching him again, leaving his already broken nose to feel practically crushed.

"What the hell?!"

"Think of it as preview, Rosier," said Remus, whose heart skipped a beat as Ingannamorte, McGonagall and Slughorn all turned the corner and spotted what he had just done.

"Whatever is the matter of this?" McGonagall asked in her most worried yet angry tone.

"Ask Lupin," said Evan flatly, holding onto his nose for dear life. "He started it."

Each and every processor turned to Remus with questioning looks, and that's when the boy decided to actually stand up for himself and his girl and tell the truth.