24

hey guys :) happy wednesday!! please enjoy this chapter!! i think you guys are going to love it !!!

———

. Taylor Swift reportedly spotted in London with Kaia Browne

---------

On Wednesday morning, filming had been cancelled due to a set problem. For the past two days, Kaia had been going to work while worrying about whatever Taylor was going to do during the day, though the singer tried to reassure her that she had other friends in town and wouldn't mind spending some downtime at home anyway. Taylor ended up hanging out with her friend Ed, which frankly made Kaia jealous. She was a true Sheerio at heart.

She would never admit it to Taylor, but she still listened to their song Everything Has Changed religiously.

But that morning, she woke up beaming widely and practically ran downstairs to the kitchen in high spirits. She filled up Katara's food bowl, giving her a few pets and kisses before brewing some coffee she had made sure to buy the previous day. Taylor had been extra cranky without her usual caffeine intake.

She even made herself a cup and carried them both to Layla's old bedroom that Taylor was currently sleeping in. She knocked lightly on the door and pushed it open just a crack.

"Good morning, Kibbles," Taylor chuckled, her voice still raspy and heavy with sleep.

"Good morning, Tibbles," Kaia responded teasingly with a grin, opening the door further with her foot. She found Taylor lying down on her side with her phone in her hand and a grimace on her face.

"Doesn't have quite a nice ring to it," she muttered. Oh, the irony!

"And Kibbles does?" Kaia shot back, raising an eyebrow.

"Tibbles sounds like you're saying tables but with a horrible French accent!" Taylor complained, sitting up in bed and adjusting her reading glasses.

"And Kibbles is literal animal food, so, who's got it worse, huh?"

Taylor pouted at Kaia but didn't respond, knowing she was right. The younger girl laughed triumphantly and sat down by Taylor's side, setting the two cups of coffee on the end table.

"It'll grow on you," she told her, but Taylor was already too distracted by the hot drink next to her, immediately reaching out for it.

"Oh my god, is that coffee?" She exclaimed, pulling the mug up to her lips.

"Yes— careful, it's hot—" Kaia started to warn her but Taylor had already taken a sip, unfortunately burning her tongue in the process.

"Tsssss, fuck, ah, I don't even care. It's too good," she breathed out, poking her tongue out and pinching it with her fingers.

Kaia laughed at her and shook her head. "You're ridiculous."

"Nu-uh!" Taylor retorted lamely. "What are you still doing here, in your pyjamas? I thought you'd have already gone to work by now."

"Do you really want to get rid of me already?" She pouted, feigning hurt.

"No, but you've been up and gone before eight for the past two days," she shot back, this time blowing on her coffee before taking a sip.

"There was an accident on set last night with one of the set builders. No one was injured but they need the next two days to fix everything," Kaia explained, grabbing her own mug and taking a careful sip. She could already feel all the contents of her stomach getting ready to blow right out of her.