Chapter 13 {Dark}

It's the little things that count...

Catalaiya's pov:

(Catalaiya's outfit⬆️)

Today was exhausting.

Staying at home for a month was not a good idea. Usually, I'm able to work twelve or more hours without taking breaks but today I took 2 breaks. My back was hurting a little from sitting straight and I could feel my neck starting to hurt too.

I'm so used to working at home and being comfortable on my bed or the couch...

I feel like a spoilt brat complaining.

For some reasons everyone at the office was silent and working more appropriately. There were no silly mistakes, no one was lacking behind, everyone was busy working at their desk, no gossiping...

I found it weird, so I asked Nayvee about it.

"Why is everyone so... weird?" I asked confused.

"You are the Mafia Bride." She replied in a duh tone.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "And?"

"They are kinda scared of your hubby." She explained.

"Why? I work here, not him." I pointed out.

"Well..." She trailed off suddenly looking nervous.

"What?"

"When you were working from home, Mason use to come here every day to look for you," Nayvee confessed making me surprised.

Why would Mason do that? It's not like we were friends... or anything else...

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want to stress you out. Every day I would threaten him that I would get him kick out by the security guy and he would back off and go away... until last week. He was more stubborn and a pain in the ass." Nayvee went on explaining.

"He didn't care about the security guy so I had to improvise. I ended up telling Mason that if he doesn't go, I'll call Aziel Alvaro and I will tell him that he-mason-was making a scene in the office, looking for his wife... everyone heard it and now they are scared."

"You did what!"

"Hey, it worked. He didn't show up today." She pointed out.

"Did he say why he wanted to see me?" I asked curiously.

"Yes... he was here to talk to you about your wedding. He was sure that you would listen to him and leave Aziel." She told me.

Huh?

"Not true," I said making her chuckle.

"I know."

"Anyway... my driver is waiting outside. I'll get going. See you tomorrow." I said as I stood up. I grabbed my handbag and my coat.