Angry Snakes

~~Daenerys Targaryen~~

"Sons of the Harpy."

Ser Barriston Selmy sets a golden mask down on the table in front of me. I stare at it's empty eyes for a long moment, anger following through my veins like blood.

"They left it on the body."

"They never killed before."

"It was only a matter of time, Your Grace. Conquerors always meet with resistance."

I didn't conqueror them. Their own people did."

I seethe as Mossador takes a step forward, seeming angry with the killing, as he should. As am I.

"They do not see us as people, Your Grace."

Slavers... Nothing but cruel savage men who treat people as if they were cattle.

"Then they will have to learn to see things differently, Mossador."

'And if they do not wish to learn, I will make them.'

"He did not risk his life fighting for freedom so cowards in masks could take it away. And I did it take up residence in this pyramid so I could watch the city decline into chaos."

I say, frustrated with recent events and Daario Naharis' incessant need to be around me. Now is one of the times he doesn't disturb me with his presence, thank the gods.

"What was the name of the man you lost?"

I ask Grey Worm as he stands at attention as always, never learning to live a little bit.

"White Rat, Your Grace."

"I want him buried with honor. Publicly. In the Temple of the Graces."

I say, plan already forming in my head as I move across the table.

"The Sons of the Harpy will hear that message."

"Make them very angry."

"Good. Angry snakes lash out. Makes chopping off their heads that much easier. Find the men who did this and bring them to me."

I order and Mossador nods, leaving. Grey Worm moves to the door as Ser Barriston and Missandei stay by my side.

"Have you..heard anything more from her, Your Grace?"

He asks. Ser Barriston still doesn't believe that I can speak with Evelyn. The chances of actually doing so are so few and far between that I actually forget that we can sometimes.

"Evelyn has taken Starfall in Dorne."

I say and Ser Barriston raises a brow.

"She's taken the seat of House Dayne?"

"It's hers by right."

I say with a deadpan look. It isn't anyone's right to question Evelyn in matters as family. Her history is... complicated to say. Taken as Lord Eddard Stark's ward, raised in the North so far from Dorne... It mustn't have bee easy.

"I'm not disputing that, Your Grace."

He says, chuckling slightly, looking across the room as if remembering a past memory from a different life.

"I remember her father: Ser Arthur Dayne. Many have proclaimed me as the greatest swordsman who ever drew breath but Arthur... Oh, my, Arthur could best me any day, not matter how hard I tried."

He smiles brightly to me, making me smile as well.

"I cannot wait to meet her."

~~~~~
A/N

Hope y'all enjoy! Any questions you have I'll happily answer!

Thank you so much for reading!