A Bouquet of Hate: Clint Barton x Florist!Reader

I was inspired by a prompt I read on Pinterest for this one. Hope you enjoy :)

YN sung under her breath as she moved around her shop, occasionally helping people with their choices as the day came to a close. She was just about to leave the counter to lock the door when it swung open, YN having to refrain from sighing in disappointment.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The brunette man sighed, placing his hands on his hips. YN's eyes wandered over his face, the handsome features making YN shuffle on her feet.

Walking over he placed a crisp fifty dollar in front of YN, the woman staring down at it with raised eyebrows. "How can I passive aggressively say 'fuck you' with flowers?" YN choked, her eyes going wide.

"Uh, I'm sorry?" YN met the man's crystal blue eyes, that stared at her blankly.

"I want the best, worst flower arrangement you have." YN nodded, blinking slowly.

"Uh, yeah... sure." Swallowing, YN moved around the counter, bypassing the customer to walk over to the arrangements. "Yellow carnations for disappointment, orange lilies for hatred, meadowsweet mean uselessness and geraniums for stupidity."

"Perfect, could I have them delivered?" He asked as YN bundled them together.

"I've finished delivering for the day, but I can do it tomorrow morning?" The customer nodded writing down the address, sending YN a thankful smiling. "What would you like on the note?"

He cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his head. "How's about... 'thanks for knowing what's best for me, even if you don't.'" YN blinked again, her mouth parting slightly. "Yep, that about sums it up."

Nodding, YN wrote the note on a small card, placing it in the bouquet. "That'll be forty-five dollars." He slid the fifty along the counter, smiling at the florist.

"Keep the change for all your help." YN watched the brunette man go, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Have a lovely evening and sorry for coming in so late." He said as he stood at the entrance, lifting a hand to eave goodbye.

"Not a problem." YN whispered, shaking her head as she stared at the door that closed behind him. Looking down at the little scrap of paper with the address on it, YN frown deepened, her mouth slacking open. "Tony Stark? No fucking way."

------------------------------------

YN sighed, looking up at the tall building, nerves gathering in her stomach. She walked through the rotating doors, swallowing down her anxiety and walking over to reception.

"Welcome to Stark Tower, how can I help you?" YN gripped the bouquet tightly, forcing a smile to stretch across her face.

"Uh, yes. I have a flower delivery for Mr. Stark?" The receptionist nodded, pressing a button on her phone and waiting a moment.

"Yes, Miss. Potts? I have a delivery for Mr. Stark." The receptionist nodded, a friendly smile on her face as she hung up the phone. "Please head up."

YN's eyes widened, of the belief she'd be leaving the flowers there to be collected. Nodding anyway, she moved to the elevator, feeling sweat roll down the back of her neck from anxiety.

"Hold the lift!" YN quickly stuck a hand out, stopping the elevator door from closing. "Thanks." YN nodded, not lifting her gaze as she stared at the ground. "Hey, YN right?"

YN blinked, raising her head to meet familiar blue eyes. "Oh, hi uh..."

"Clint." Clint smiled, making YN swallow. "They made you bring them up? This will be brilliant." YN nodded, holding onto the bouquet tightly. "You didn't put a name on it did you?"