Chapter 7 - Pull Over

3 Days Later...

I grabbed my apron out of my drawer and shoved it into my work bag, I was getting ready for work, yay! Fun!

not

Beth would be working with me today though so it wouldn't be as mind numbing as usual.

"Time to go B!" Speak of the devil...

I put a little red claw clip in my hair before rushing out after Beth, walking down the halls of our apartment building.

I used to not associate with the colour red too often, sure I would wear a little corset top or a pair of heels that Beth would die for,  but I've worn more red this past week then in my entire life.

I thought it was too flashy, too busy, almost distracting. And now I wonder why I never liked it in the first place....

"Belle if you don't get your ass in this car right now, I swear to-" oh, oops

"Okay okay I'm going."

She glared at me from inside her car and she had never looked more like my mom.

I giggled getting into the car as Beth sped out of the parking garage driving towards Darla's Cafe

~~~~~~~~~~~

I put the last couple dishes in the sink before returning to the counter.

There was 2 teenage girls patiently waiting to order, fiddling with the money in their hands.

"Is there anything I can get you guys" They looked at each other and the taller one spoke for the both of them.

"Can we get 2 milkshakes and a share basket of fries?"

"Give me one sec" I punched in the order into the cashier and took the money from them.

Beth guided them to their table as the little bell on the door rings.

Oli strolled into the cafe followed by David and of course, Leo.

We hadn't talked much since the charity, I sent him a message thanking him for the photo the morning after... No one had ever done something like that for me before.

But he never responded. I wasn't necessarily annoyed, just confused.

I swear we had developed a bit of a acquaintance-ship, no. Scrap that. A small bit of friendship was developed, god damn it!

Not that a friendship really fits the category of developing boners for a bestie. But life is not perfect.

"Hey guys..." I avoided eye contact with Leo and looked straight at Oli.

"Can we get a table, towards the back preferably"

"Yeah Beth will take you" Beth walked up to us and as usual..

"Oliver." She nodded at him

"Elizabeth" He nodded at her.

She walked them down to the back.

I watched the back of their heads disappear behind the bookshelves, but not before Leo glanced towards me.

We shared eye contact for not even a split second, pure fireworks, and then it was just... over?

I continued taking orders until my break. Beth hadn't returned to working after the boys arrived.

I told Darla I was taking my break around 12 and made my way to the back of the cafe where they were sitting. "Hey Belle" David said to me

"Hi" I slipped into the seat beside Beth with Leo opposite me.

They relaxed back into conversation and I simply observed. I wasn't really in the mood to talk, and it seemed Leo wasn't either.