21. The Wicked Witch

Astoria grinned from ear to ear as she looked at the couple in front of her. “Wow, I didn’t expect the two of you to show up so fast.” She said with a smug grin, shooting up an eyebrow.

Draco clenched his jaw as he gazed over at her intently. “What the hell do you want?”

Astoria scoffed as she lifted her leg up on her other. “That’s a little rude, don’t you think?” She asked, leisurely taking a sip of her tea. “You might want to think about that.”

Hermione sighed, looking over at Draco who simply looked down. She turned back to Astoria as she leaned back in her chair. “You called us here, now talk.”

Astoria nodded, placing the cup down. “Oh, this little scheme you two planned - brilliant. I have to give it to you to, I was fooled the whole time. You two are brilliant actors, I must say.”

“Get to the point,” Hermione snapped, lowering her gaze on the girl.

“I was shocked when I found out the truth, I really was. I wonder how Narcissa will take it when I tell her,”

“You wouldn’t da--”

“Oh, oops, I already did.” Astoria faked a frown as she broke out into a laugh. “Oh, you should’ve seen the look on her face when I told her.”

Hermione exhaled sharply as she looked at the girl with disbelief. She looked over to see Draco clenching his fists. She tapped his foot and locked eyes with him.”Calm down,” She whispered over to him.

“Oh, how romantic.”

“What do you want from us? I don’t see how you hold leverage over us. You already told Narcissa, there’s nothing you hold against us now.” Hermione replied coolly, leaning back in her chair once more. “Maybe you should’ve thought about that before you blabbed your big mouth.”

“Don’t worry, it’s sweet of you to worry about me, Hermione, but I have everything under control. In fact, I already told Rita Skeeter about this absolutely juicy news. She’s probably writing an article right about now as we speak.” Astoria answered with a content sigh. “See, what I want is fairly simple. I just want to reveal the truth and nothing but the truth. It’s horrible, the two of you lying not only to Narcissa but also to your friends and the whole Wizarding World.”

“So, that’s it, then? You just want to-to uncover the truth?” Draco finally spoke softly as he glared at Astoria.

“That’s it,” Astoria shrugged. “I’m not so bad, after all, huh? Oh, but I apologize in advance - I might have gotten my story mixed up … and maybe twisted a few things. You understand, right?”

“What do you mean you got the story mixed …” Hermione stopped as she closed her mouth. “What the hell did you do?” She asked, slamming her hand on the table. “Okay, is this your big plan to ruin our lives? Well, news flash, this won’t end well for you, either.”

“Oh? How so?”

“You think by uncovering the truth and telling Narcissa, Draco and I will be over and you’ll get to finally marry him?” Hermione asked with bewilderment, even laughing at the thought. “If you uncover the truth, do you actually think Draco will go to you willingly? He won’t marry you - he’ll refuse.”