29

What the fuck...

Layla is with the rogues. It looks like she's... leading them?

Wait.. what?!

What in the fuck is going on? I take a step forward, drawing her attention to me. When she notices me her face drops and pales. Like she's seeing a ghost, like she can't believe she's seeing me.

I see her mindlink for a second, then all the chaos stops. The rogues stop fighting, the warriors stop but still stand cautiously on guard. It's a complete standstill.

"Nova?! Is.. is that really you?" Layla says as she slowly approaches me. Staring at me like I might dissappear.

My father growls and goes to push me behind him, but I side-step him once more. I take a few steps towards her and she does the same.

"Layla, what the fuck are you doing here?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"I.. I heard you were dead. I heard that your body was found on this territory. I thought.. I thought-"

"You thought they killed me." I finished her sentence as a smile creeps its way onto my face.

This is why she's always been my best friend. She would go to war for me, and I would do the same for her. We run to each other and embrace one another in a tight hug. I gently pat her on the back as she starts sobbing into my hair.

"I thought I lost you." She whispers.

"You almost did. But it wasn't this pack, it was Lane."

At the mention of Lane she growls. Let me explain. Layla is a rogue I met when I was just a kid. We quickly became best friends, we did everything together. When she got older she'd jump around place to place. But she always kept in contact, and always came back to visit.

When she first met Lane, she immediately hated him. She'd even left afterwards, and would only talk to me over the phone every now and then. She told me he was bad news.

I wish I would've listened...

Now she's back and it's because she thought I had died. She brought an army with her to avenge me. This is why I love this girl so much, and why she's my best friend.

A loud growl interrupts our moment, and I already know who it is. Zane is approaching us with a look of rage. Layla tries to push me behind her.

Why do people think I can't protect myself? Goddess...

Before he has a chance to say anything I speak "Zane this is my best friend Layla. She thought I was dead and that your pack was responsible, hence all these rogues."

Simple as that. Zane just looks at me dumbfounded. Like he can't believe what I'm saying to him.

"Who's he?" Layla turns and asks me.

"Oh Layla this is Zane. Alpha of the Shadow Walkers Pack and my second chance mate. Zane this is my best friend Layla." I say introducing them.

Layla starts laughing "Now that's what I call a mate." She saying looking him over.

A growl unintentionally escapes me, making her double over and laugh harder. Zane still has the shocked look on his face, then starts to blush slightly. He starts shifting from one foot to the other.

Awhhh!! He so cute!! He's embarrassed!! Hahahahaha...

I can't help my giggle, causing him to growl.

"I can't just excuse an attack on my pack!"

"Was anyone killed or seriously injured?" I ask.

"No but-"

"No buts! Then you can and you will! If you want to keep me that is." I tell him.

This only makes him growl more and pull me to him. He buries he nose in my hair, inhaling deeply to calm himself.

"You're mine."

"Then let it go. She was avenging me. She thought I was really dead."

He huffs but nods. "But they're not staying on my pack lands."

"That's fine. Trust me when I say they don't want to."

Layla sends her friends away, but decides to stay for a little while. And I'm grateful, I've missed her so much. As we walk back to the back house she links her arm in mine.

"So what's the plan?" She asks

"None of them will tell Lane I'm alive will they?" I didn't even think about other people knowing I'm alive.

"No worries there. I promise, they're all loyal." She assures me.

Most people would wonder why they'd be rogues. But not all rogues are bad. Some just don't want a pack, or left a bad pack. So we don't just judge them immediately as bad for being rogues. It's sometimes their choice.

They're more like lone wolves, that stick together. When a rogue needs help, another rogue is usually there to help. That's not to say all rogues are good either. There are bad rogues too, just like there are bad people.

"Good." I reply.

"Now tell me, what's the plan?" She gives me her signature evil smile.

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters