Chapter 12 : Confrontations with Parents

~EDITED~

Chapter 12

The next day, Harry woke up and got ready. He then went to the common room, greeting the rest of his friends when they came down. They were led to breakfast where they were given their timetables. Harry noticed they had potions with the Gryffindors, internally snorting knowing that Snape was not going to give them an easy time. However, his hopes for a relaxing morning were thrown out of the window by the summons to the Headmaster's office- not that he didn't expect it, of course he had mirror called his grandfather after all the congratulations on sorting when harry told about his summons his grandfather told that this time he had to go to headmasters office on his own only for this time and he also got stern warning from his grandmother about behaving well to his siblings.

He went up to the Gargoyle with Snape and not wanting to play the guessing game of muggle and magical sweets, he simply said "I have an appointment with the headmaster." The gargoyle moved aside, allowing him to pass. He knocked on the door after it, which opened to give him a view of Dumbledore's office.

"Harry, my boy, welcome. Have a lemon drop. Severus, thank you for escorting him. You may leave now."

Harry smirked, having been handed the opportunity to put Dumbledore in his place. "It's Hadrian or Mr. Potter, Headmaster. I have not permitted you to use my first name. It would be a shame for the Chief Warlock to forget his etiquette and I have requested my head of house to be here- it is well within my rights as a student of Hogwarts. Also, I have my own packet of lemon drops." He did indeed pull out a packet of lemon drops popping one in his mouth and momentarily shocking the headmaster.

Dumbledore's smile dropped before coming back in full force. "Mr Potter, I believe you were sorted into Slytherin and have met both your brother and your parents?" he asked, gesturing to the 3 Potters that stood beside him with a furious expression on their face but next to them stood a small girl with innocent look on her face looking at Harry curiously.

"Okay, what did you need me for?" Harry asked. "It is the first day, so I can't possibly have done something wrong and I would rather not be late to my first class."

Dumbledore said, "Harry my boy, I asked you to come here so that we may find out how you have been for the last 6 years."

Harry ignored him and looked around.

After a few moments, they realized that Harry was paying no attention to them and Dumbledore said sharply, "Harry! I asked you a question, would you please answer it."

Harry continued to ignore him.

"Mr Potter, could you please answer the Headmaster's questions?" Snape asked.

Harry looked at him and said in mock astonishment, "He asked me a question? Where was I?"

Snape smiled slightly, he had never liked the way Dumbledore meddled in others' lives. "Yes he did. He asked you to tell us how you have been for the last 6 years."

Harry pretended to be puzzled. I am definitely having fun with this... "I don't remember him asking that and I have an excellent memory. Also, if he has, then he has been talking to Harry, and he isn't here." He stage whispered, "Is he getting on in his years?"

Snape went red, as he tried not to laugh. Dumbledore looked taken back, McGonagall looked angry, and the Potters looked surprised that anyone would talk about Dumbledore that way.

Dumbledore cleared his throat, "I assure you my boy, that I am not 'getting on in my years', as you put it. I simply asked you what happened to you and where you have been for the last few years."

"Well actually you didn't ask me, you said you asked Harry here to find out how he has been. There was never an actual question in there." Harry smirked.