第12章 - 29th Kyoto Exchange Event IV

Yuta bit his tongue to stop the laugh threatening to escape his lips at the look of pure concentration on Hiyori's face as she attempted to make a kneaded eraser

Yuta bit his tongue to stop the laugh threatening to escape his lips at the look of pure concentration on Hiyori's face as she attempted to make a kneaded eraser. The first day of the exchange event was done with an overwhelming victory from Team Tokyo so now the two of them were relaxing in Hiyori's temporary dorm. Hiyori had asked Yuta to teach her how to make a kneaded eraser so he did but she was struggling.

"Ah..it broke apart again" Hiyori deadpanned, staring at the piece of kneaded eraser, she had been rolling between her fingers for the past eight minutes, that was now broken in two. Yuta burst out laughing at how monotone her voice was. He couldn't help himself. She was just too adorable. Hiyori turned to Yuta with a look of utter surprise that only caused him to laugh harder.

"What's so funny?" She asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"N-Nothing" He replied, covering his mouth with the back of his hand in an attempt to stifle his laughter. She shook her head and sighed before picking up the chunks of kneaded eraser. "Again?" He asked, taking a bit of eraser shaving, that Hiyori had collected on a piece of blank paper, and rolling it between his fingers. Hiyori nodded.

"One more try." She said, staring intently at the small chunk of kneaded eraser between her fingers. Yuta smiled at the way she gently bit her lower lip in concentration. Spending so much time with Hiyori these past few days helped him notice a lot of little details about her like how she had a habit of gently biting her lower lip whenever she was focused on anything art-related like painting, sketching, or, in this case, making kneaded erasers.

"I did it!" Hiyori cheered, holding up a kneaded eraser. Yuta snapped out of his trance. He didn't even realize he was staring at her.

"Nice job"

"Eh? Yours is almost twice the size of mine even though you just started" At her words, Yuta looked down at the kneaded eraser he had been subconsciously making in his hands. It was indeed twice the size of the one Hiyori made.

"Huh? Oh yeah..." Yuta looked up only to stiffen at the sight of Hiyori's face only mere centimeters away from his.

Yuta.exe has stopped responding.

"I'm starting to think you have some hidden technique you're not revealing, Yuta" She murmured, staring at him with her piercing violet-blue eyes. Her breath was cold and minty from the mint-flavored chewing gum that Kirara had offered them earlier. Yuta gulped nervously. He was sure he was as red as a tomato. Was it hot in here or is it just him? His dark blue eyes darted down to her lips. They looked so soft. Yuta wondered if they tasted just as minty as her breath. If he leaned forward just a tiny bit then he would be able to find out.

"But then again maybe I'm just bad at making kneaded erasers" Hiyori said, pulling away. Yuta let out a breath he hadn't known he had been holding in. "Are you okay? Your face is really red" She asked worriedly. Yuta nodded so fast that he was surprised he didn't get whiplash.