Chapter 13 : Confrontations with Brother , Classes

~EDITED~

Chapter 13

Their first class of the day was transfiguration with the Gryffindor's. They made their way to McGonagall's class, letting themselves in when they saw there was no teacher and only a cat on the desk. Harry took a bowl of milk from behind his back along with a cat toy. He then opened his bag, and pulled out a humongous bag of cat treats which he opened and poured into another metal dish, a scratching pole and a small animated mouse for it to play with. He placed all the items next to the cat with a small wink.

"Did you really have to do all that?" asked Draco when Harry returned to his seat at the back.

"Of course I did. I might surprise her with a life size model of Padfoot. Imagine the look on her face when she sees that," Harry whispered back, smiling innocently at the cat who was glaring at him. He turned to Rigel, who was on his left. "Rig, I'll let you use my wand for a day, if you do something for me." Harry said and as Rigel was asking him to let him use his wand from many days which he denied to give. For Harry to let him use it must mean he was asking something big.

"Fine, but what is it?"

"It's simple. Take this collar," he gestured to a bright red collar with 'Minnie' written in gold letters, "and put it on the cat."

"Are you trying to get me killed? You know the cat is McGonagall," whispered Rigel furiously, "Why can't you have Draco do it?"

"Cos Draco's a pussy."

"Hey! I am not a pussy! Why don't you do it, Hadrian?" whisper shouted the Malfoy heir. Luckily, they hadn't been heard by the cat yet since they were at the back of the class.

"Yeh, Hadrian, why don't you do it?"

Harry could see he was trapped. "Fine, but Rigel, Draco, I'll get you back for this." He stood up, and took the bright red collar to the cat. "Here Kitty, Kitty. I don't suppose you'll let me put this on." The cat's glare pierced the stone, and Harry moved forward tentatively. He clasped the collar around the cat, who made no move to stop him. After he had done so, he ran back to his seat and made no move to speak after that.

The first person to come in after all the Slytherins and a couple of Gryffindors was the bushy-haired girl, who looked at them with an upturned nose and sat at the front, with the rest of the lions coming in after a few minutes. 5 minutes after the class had started, McGonagall had supposedly not shown up. Thomas and Ron came bursting into the room, relieved when the saw McGonagall wasn't there.

"We're so lucky. Imagine McGonagall's face when she saw we were late," said Ron.

"I know! Let's sit down so it looks like we were here the whole time." They moved to sit down but the cat that was lapping at the milk and playing with the toy jumped off the desk, turning into McGonagall.

"May I ask why you were late?"

"We didn't wake up on time."

"Well, maybe I can transfigure one of you into a pocket watch. That way, at least one of you will be here on time. Also, 10 points to Slytherin for recognising I was an animagus Mr Potter. However, I think a detention might do you good tonight. Moving on, Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts," she said. "Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned." She changed her desk into a pig and back again, showing the class the power of transfiguration. "I want you to transfigure this matchstick into a needle."

She waved her wand, levitating the needles to each member of the class. Harry simply spoke the incantation, waving his wand over the matchstick and it turned into a perfect needle. "Well done, Mr Potter. That will be 10 points to Slytherin." Harry nodded, Harry continued to style his needle further, changing it to green with silver stripes and adding the Slytherin crest to the side. When he had finished, McGonagall was shocked. All that from a first-year student and on his first attempt. Regaining her composure, she stopped in front of his table. "Fabulous work Mr Potter. Even your father did not do as well as this on his first attempt, despite the fact that he was a prodigy in transfiguration." Harry flinched inside at the mention of his father, but did not let this show on his face.