Семь

After being dragged away by the Winter Soldier, Svetlana knew what would happen next. Her body was still on autopilot and she registered her surrounding through a haze. The moment she dreaded the most just came closer. She closed her eyes. One single tear fell. Even if Svetlana was trained to be a emotionless killer, the thought about never being able to have kids hurt. She was angry at the Red Room for taking the one thing that made her human, but she knew that this is their goal. Make her a mindless slave for their own cause. A puppet.
When opening her eyes after a second, the soldier made a turn to the left. Svetlana only now noticed that she was being taken in the completely wrong direction. Instead of being shown into the medical area of ​​the academy, she was taken to a wing of the building that she never entered.

The Winter Soldier suddenly stopped and opened the door on his right. Surprisingly it was the armory and against Svetlana's expectations, Madame B stood leaning against a small table in there. After the redhead entered the armory, she walked over to the girl. She was holding a manila folder in her hands. "This is your mission.The details are in there. Don't screw it up." said the gray-haired woman in English, handing the folder over and quickly leaving the room. Stunned about this action, Svetlana looked down at her hands, but quickly composed herself and walked towards the little desk, Madame B was leaning against just seconds before. She opened the folder. In there was a file and multiple sheets with information regarding the subject and the elimination. She looked over her shoulder to see the Winter Soldier still standing in his previous spot.

"Ty tozhe budesh' tam?"                           "Are you going to be there too?" Swetlana asked in a hushed tone.

"Mozhet byt'."                                 "Maybe." The soldier responded.

"Tak ty budesh' tam."                                  "So you're going to be there." The redhead pressed further.

"Da, ya budu tam s toboy. Ya rezerv, yesli vy oblazhalis'. Nadeyus', mne ne pridetsya ob"yasnyat' vam, chto s vami sluchitsya, yesli vy provalite missiyu. A teper' perestan' zadavat' voprosy i prigotov'sya k missii."   
"Yes, I'm  going to be there with you. I'm the backup if you screw this up. I hope I don't have to explain to you what happens to you if you should screw the mission up. Now stop asking questions and prepare yourself for the mission." He informed her annoyed. Her Mentor turned around to exit the armory, while mumbling something under his nose.

She even imagined hearing him say  "God is she annoying".
Svetlana looked around the armory. It held various types of weapons she couldn't even think of using. She knew that she probably could handle every single one in this room, so her choice was everything but limited. Swetlana let her hand slide over the handle of a Walther PPQ M2. It was her favorite handgun, so she laid two out onto the table, but immediately went on to the bows. She knew the bow was not a weapon normally used by Widows. But it was precisely this fact that spurred her on, to take it with her. She liked to break norms, even when attempts were made to drive this stubbornness out of her through years of her training.

Inside she still remained the little girl, who longed for her father to find her. The bow and the arrows got laid out next to the handguns. Svetlana turned once in a circle and examined every single weapon carefully. She knew that each had a different advantage, but she sticked with the handgun and the bow.

Svetlana now discovered a package on a shelf in the corner. Wrapped in brown paper and her name written on it , the package contained Svetlana's catsuit for the mission. She carefully took the suit out of it's wrapping and held it a bit higher to inspect it further. It was black with padding on the knees, elbows and shoulders. On the closure she could indentify the emblem of the Red Room, the famous two touching red triangles. Svetlana looked around the room, to make sure no one was there. She started changing into her suit. She was surprised how easy it was to slip into it and how comfortable it was to move in. The girl then saw that two sticks were attached to her back. Out of curiosity Svetlana pulled them out of the holder. Immediately the staffs began to glow red. She immediately recognized that these were twin sticks. Swetlana grinned. The girl turned both sticks skillfully in her hands, grabbed both sticks firmly in her hand in the middle of the rotation and united them in front of her chest. The two short sticks turned into a glowing bo staff. Instead of further inspecting the staff, Svetlana separated it again and put the sticks back into the holder.

The redhead holstered her guns,threw the quiver over her shoulder. The bow in one hand the redhead stepped out of the armory, only to be greeted with the Winter Soldier standing stoic as always in the hallway.

The soldier looked at her with empty eyes. "It took you a long time to get ready." he noted, looking Swetlana dead in the eyes.

The clearly smaller girl just shrugged and responded grinning "Nobody gave me a time limit."

At this the Winter Soldier just starred at the redhead, turned on his heel and started marching away. When he looked behind, Svetlana still stood at the same spot.

He rose an eyebrow and asked challenging but still emotionless "You coming or not ?"

At this Svetlana just smirked and made her way towards the Winter Soldier. Standing beside him her smirk dissolved into an stone cold facial expression.
Both assassins were silent the whole time. Neither one of them spoke on the car ride, nor on the plane. They didn't go through the plan. This entire mission was her first solo mission. It was her time to prove herself to the Red Room. To show where her loyalties lay. The redhead just knew that her target was a traitor and they had to get rid of him.

The plane ride to Poland dragged on in silence. Svetlana hated silence over a long period. She was getting bored and her thoughts just couldn't stop running and torturing her to find a solution for all the things that bothered her.
She was relieved when they finally landed on a small private airport near Warsaw. At the airport one black car was waiting for her to enter and drive her to the location. The same car would probably collect her at the rendezvous point.

Svetlana now caught sight on two young men painfully obvious talking about her. She knew they probably made fun of her that instead of a sniper rifle she took a bow on a elimination mission. But the girl couldn't care less. She knew she would hit the target as effective as a sniper.
Svetlana entered the waiting car. The door being closed behind her she sat into one of the seats. Instead of being nervous, the redhead felt at peace. A strange thing, because in less than an hour she would take a man's life. Svetlana however, did not give a single thought to the fact that her victim might have had a family. No, that fact was being ignored completely. If the Red Room wanted his death,he deserved it. At least that's how Svetlana justified the kill.
Suddenly the car abruptly stopped, the door was opened and the girl exited quickly. When she looked around, she saw that she was let out at the entrance to the city. Svetlana immediately ran towards the first houses and hiding in its shadows. Small ladders were attached to the side of all the houses, which she was sure would be helpful later.
Swetlana ran down the streets, avoiding the street lamps, to her destination. The red-haired girl stopped one block in front of the target's apartment. Svetlana ran up to the next house and jumped just high enough to catch the ladder with her hands. Svetlana heaved herself up to the roof. From there she jumped from roof to roof to her firing position.

When she arrived at her destination, she allowed herself a little break. She allowed her pulse to normalize before opening her bow, setting an arrow and aiming it. She was lucky because the target was in the kitchen and the window was exactly opposite her position. Without thinking too much, Svetlana took another deep breath. When she exhaled, she let go of the arrow. It flew through the air,smashing the window and finding its way into the target's skull.

As the man slumped forward, Svetlana immediately put away her bow and without another thought ran over the roofs back to the rendezvous point. Her first assassination. She felt no guilt, no remorse. Just the coldness of her heart and the quiet voice in her head telling her to run away from the Red Room. But she couldn't do that. They took care of her for the last 13 years. She couldn't betray them like that. Or could she ?
Arriving at the rendezvous point the redhead entered the car without a word, but was slightly surprised when she looked up and saw the Winter Soldier.

The Soldier didn't bother to look at her properly before demanding "Mission report."

"Target eliminated."