Chapter 38

MUKTA

His eyes widened at my confession!!!
'Mukta....just!!!' I knew it was coming but before that I stood up at once and said...

'Omkar....listen to me...it may look cliche...but the fact is there should be something between two people to be in a relationship...to continue with a pure bond like marriage!!! And we don't have any bond between us!!! It really doesn't work out in a long run!!!' I said at once and began walking outside...

'Mukta I trust you!!! I do..' he said with a croaked voice and my eyes welled up.

I turned around and said at once...
'It is easy to say Omkar but difficult to follow!!! Relationships require 4 pillars to survive...
Trust...Honesty... Selflessness...Love....
Either of the pillars weaken and the foundation itself is damaged. Well in that case ours had no foundation' I said as my fresh tears filled my eyes again.

'Go home Omkar!!! I have my own battles to fight. I can't stay here in Phulvaspura nor do I want to stay at your place...I want to find my own nest...let me fly...let me go!!! Just sign the got damn papers and we can submit it post three months of the period judge asked us to give to each other. Let's finish it!!! There is no point in carrying a dead body on our shoulders!!!' I said and tears rolled down his cheeks.

'Wedding will be done today and tomorrow is Satyanarayan Katha (Prayer offering to Lord Satynarayan by reading out his story)...post which please leave!!!' saying I walked out of the room. Tears couldn't stop rolling down my cheeks.

I wiped them, quickly washed my face and plastered my fake smile and went downstairs. I could feel his eyes on me the entire day. I saw Omkar talking to Pattu and Rudra Dada post which Pattu attempted to talk to me but I didn't want to...we are two ends of a river. We are two different shores. We can never belong to each other!!!

In the night Pattu sat next to me, although I didn't want to talk about it. She held my hand and forcefully made me sit with her.

'Shizuka Vanni...I won't talk to you about Anna... but Anna told me you are not staying back here and you want to have a new beginning...a new place...so Vanni... would you like to work with me in my company for Patty's?' she asked I was shocked.

'But Pattu...how can I?' I was confused...

'Vanni this is my organization...my own ..it's a small brand...which makes essential oils, fragrances and bathing essentials...and I know you are an expert in this...I am not doing a favour on you Vanni...you are talented and I need a resource who can invent for me...so why not? After all your Baba's dreams were to spread the knowledge of Ayurveda around the world...I promise you the fragrance you invent will have your own brand name...just that it would be sold under the label of Patty's!!!' she said and my eyes filled with fresh tears.

Baba's long awaited dream to have our own name...our own brand... Baba's knowledge will be realised into products and essentials around the world. I couldn't believe me ears. But the next minute I analysed the complicated relationships we all are in...

'Pattu...I can't stay in Nayak Nivas!!!' I said at once and she smiled saying...

'Shizuka Vanni...You know why I love you so much because you are just like me... ofcourse a little more sane version of mine... however we are similar...we both can live and die for our self respect. I know you won't come back to Nayak Nivas so easily...and you must not...Omkar Anna must earn you' she smiled biting her lower lip.

I looked at her narrowing my eyebrows and said...
'I am going to divorce your Anna Pattu... nothing is going to stop that and no one can 'EARN' me get that??? So stop being a match maker!!!' I said and she nodded her head innocently but then suddenly held my hand saying...