Attention || 05

note: age-gap between jungkook and jimin is four years (here), ie. jungkook is 15, jimin is 19.
the rest of the boys are aged according to jimin- tae is 19, joon is 20, hobi is 20, yoongi is 21, jin is 22.

enjoy!

×××××××

requested by jnopejdope

×××××××

"aw my child, take care okay?" eunmi sighs, stroking the younger son's hair as she leans down to place a kiss on his temple, "take your medicines in time."

jungkook nods weakly, having his eyes closed. warm sighs escape tiredly from his lips, being the only sign that tells he's still alive. the mother glances back at her husband as if questioning if she really has to leave the boy alone in this state.

"it's fine honey," jaehyun chuckles, "it's just a fever, it'll go away eventually."

"yeah, uncle is right. you two should go now, or you'll miss your flight." namjoon says with a smile, "we're all here to look after jungkook."

"i know, that's a relief." eunmi smiles softly, patting the boy's cheek as she stands up, her eyes rotating towards her son again, "please make sure he eats properly, jiminie will take some time to come back."

"yes, don't worry, they'll take care." jaehyun says before, patting his wife's back, sighing at her overdramatic state since last night that jungkook had been feeling sick after accidentally getting wet in the rain on his way back from his boxing practice.

the boys' eyes follow the couple's figure walking out of the room, talking about something that interests their business trip to the states. however their attention comes back into the room on hearing a breathy sigh from the youngest boy's lips. jin sits on the bed next to him, placing his hand on jungkook's forehead and glances at the others.

"his temperature hasn't gone down since last night." he sighs, stroking the boy's hair who lets out a faint groan, moving a little in his place as he blinks his open slowly.

"hyungie..."

"yes kook?" the eldest says, holding jungkook's hand.

"my... my head hurts... hyungie- where..."

"it'll be alright, don't worry, bud." jin assures, "i'll make you something to eat first, then you can take your medicines okay?"

"hyungie..." jungkook breathes, shaking his head subtly, making jin frown while taehyung gasps, realising that the boy could be referring to jimin.

"jimin?" hoseok asks, voicing taehyung's thoughts before he did it himself, "he'll be home by evening, jungkookie. don't worry."

those words probably didn't convince jungkook enough for the rest of the afternoon was spent with frequent mumbles of his brother's name, and often crying or whining in his bed on not finding jimin whenever he opened his eyes from a short nap.

the boys were worried, ringing several times to jimin who was in the bus with his teammates and coach, on the way back to seoul after winning their soccer finals in daegu, telling him how the younger brother wasn't eating or taking his medicines, and only wanted jimin nearby.

even keeping aera away from jungkook to avoid getting her sick was a difficult task. from the moment she came back from school, taehyung was the one to keep her accompanied by some game or the other, telling her stories and introducing missions like let kookie sleep.