3.4

Alyssa was shown walking down the hallway alone when she heard loud voices.
'That the fuck are these.'
'What a weirdo.'
'Please can you give those back.'

All of their eyes widened at the familiar voice of Luna whilst Luna grinned,
'It's me!'
'Who are those people with you? Are they bullying you?' Pandora instantly went into protective mum mode and Luna quickly reassured her,
'Oh it's fine, don't worry.'

She frowned and picked up her pace, her shoes clicking loudly on the stone floor. As she rounded the corner she saw a small blonde girl wearing Ravenclaw robes trying to grab a pair of pink glasses from two older boys, one of which was holding the glasses above his head so she couldn't reach along with a glittery ink pot.

Pandora muttered angrily and Xeno also looked annoyed whilst the others shot Luna sympathetic looks and Alyssa wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

'What was that?'
'Please can you give them back.'
'Oh well since you asked so nicely.' He turned the ink pot upside down causing black ink to fall onto her making her gasp.
'There you go Loony Lovegood.'

There were many different reactions to this. Pandora and Xeno looked mad along with most other people, Bella weirdly being one of the maddest of them all as she'd grown fond off the weird little blonde girl who believed in such bizarre things.

'How dare they!' Pandora raged.
'Poor Luna.' Alice chimed in, shooting Luna a sympathetic look. Said girl was flushing with all the attention and looked as though she just wanted this memory to be over.

Remus, on the other hand, paled significantly at the nickname, having been called Loony Lupin for years by other students and Peeves. He instantly felt bad for Luna and gave her a small smile- not a pitying smile like the others, but an understanding one as he could relate to what she went through.

Sirius, however, had gone slightly red and was thinking back to when he first met Luna in guilt. How before her even knew her, he had insulted her by using the name Loony instead of Luna. He felt horrible at having done that and so he turned to Luna.
'Um Luna- can I call you that or would you prefer for me to call you Lovegood because if you do then I really don't mi-'
'Luna's fine.' Luna cut of Sirius' rambling with a smile and the others stared in interest at Sirius who was usually so arrogant and confident and was now rambling nervously.

'I want to say sorry for insulting you when I first met you. I didn't know you and it was unfair of me. I'm also sorry to both you and Alyssa for bullying you in the past weeks... it was cruel and I'm sorry.'
James nodded,
'I'm also really sorry to both of you. I had no right to judge you and bully you before I even got to know you. And now I do know you and I feel awful. I'm sorry.'

'I'm sorry too, I shouldn't of helped bully you both and I shouldn't of eaten your chocolate cake last week Alyssa.'  Peter piped in and Alyssa gasped.
'That was you?!'
'No!'

Remus rolled his eyes at them before adding.
'I'm sorry too, I never actually bullied you but I never stopped the others which is just as bad.'
'I'm also sorry for throwing your ring in the lake- I now see that you got it in the past- future, whatever it is! I just assumed you stole it so I'm sorry.' Sirius finished.

'Wow... that was a lot.' Evan muttered.
'You guys did alooot of shit.' Frank nodded.

'It's fine guys, I don't care.' Luna said with a smile, 'thanks for apologising though.'
'Yeah, we already forgave you.' Alyssa agreed.

Barty frowned,
'May I see your ring?'
'Uh sure.'
Alyssa untied the necklace and handed it to him hesitantly. Barty examined it carefully.
'This is a Gryffindor heirloom. Where did you get this?' He didn't sound accusatory when he said this, but more curious than anything else.