Chapter 30: Meeting the child & Chillaxing

I had no idea what to put for the title so I just put what I tell my friends most when they are stressed.

"HEy *insert friend name* you got to chillax"

*my friend glares but laughs at me*

________________________________

Nightmare and Killer slowly entered the room, so many hours had passed by. Almost a day. The doctors had told them that they were able to close the injury but not save the baby, why had Cross done such a thing? Killer knew that they would  have probably died, it seemed Grey was going to keep stabbing Cross in anger. But luckily Horror came in scaring him away.

They came in slowly into the room, Cross was sleeping in the bed. Dream sitting next to her, he looked dead inside. He was looking down at a bundle of blankets. Tears streaming down his face, he sniffled silently. He looked up at his brother before breaking up into a cry. Though it was silent.

Nightmare sighed sadly before walking over to his brother and gently hugging him. Dream only leaned onto his brother's touch crying harder. Killer walked forward and looked down at Cross, she was breathing. She was alive. Then turning around she looked towards the blanket in Dream's arm. He stared sadly up at her, before staring at his brother. He slowly got up.

"Here...meet your niece Nighty... her name is Maristela" Dream slowly passed the blanket to Nightmare, he looked down. Tears formed in his eyes. This may not be his daughter, but it was his niece. And she... his niece was not breathing. The baby was still a rock. Though she looked comfortable. She was so tiny...

Killer slowly walked forward. Nightmare looked at his brother and nodded. He faced Killer and slowly passed the forever sleeping child to her. He kissed her forehead and moved back. She looked down at the sleeping child...

Compared to Killer's arm, the child was so tiny. Less than half of her arm, she thought. Thought of how the child would cry, how Cross would calm her down. How the child would extend her tiny arms up to her mother and giggle, how Dream would be next to Cross the entire time. And this time cry from happiness. He could see his daughter grow. But it all had to be ruined due to him.

Killer stared down at the child, this time taking in the details. Her face was chubby like her father's. Her skin is a color between honey and the almond color, definitely a softer color than her father's. She didn't have hair, though it was going to probably be curly and a dark brown or just a natural black color. For the color of the child's eyes, she wasn't too sure though.

"She's beautiful" was all Killer said.

Dream nodded in agreement before walking forward and gently holding his child. He just wished for his daughter to magically open her eyes and start crying or laughing... or for her to at least do something. But she didn't move, no matter how much he wished for it to happen. He sat down on the chair once again... how would he explain to Cross that their daughter was dead? GONE! And there was no way of getting her back, the doctors had tried everything they could. But had failed.

Once again, Nightmare hugged Dream before he and Killer left. Though on their way they came across the young boy who had screamed at them to be careful a few hours ago. Killer didn't even look at Nightmare before she rushed over to him. Where was his mother either way?

The child seemed startled and quickly turned around to face Killer. He seemed to tremble a bit. But did not move, he stayed still and started over at Killer. She smiled gently and kneeled down in front of the boy. He was very young though Killer was confused about how he was able to talk almost perfectly.