26. Travel

The next day, while Manik was in a break, Cabir called him.

"All ready Manik...Now it's in your hands to convince her..." Cabir said.

"That will be done...No worries..." Manik said casually.

"What...?? How can you be so sure...?? Dude...She will definitely question now..." Cabir asked in disbelief.

"Of course...She will question...Want to know what she asks...?? Mute your call and stay on the line..." Manik said and called Nandini, keeping Cabir in conference call.

"Hey Nandu...Busy...??" Manik asked casually.

"No no...Need to wrap few things before I leave for the day..." She said taking the papers from the printer.

"So...I have something to tell you...Or should I say...something to ask you..." He suddenly sounded serious and she stopped in her tracks and said "Jii"

"Can you apply leave for a week...?? Coming weekend to next weekend..." He asked while Cabir was silently listening.

She quickly opened the calendar and asked "You mean from 4th of December to 12th of December...?? So I need to apply leave for the weekdays since we won't work on weekends anyways..."

Cabir eyes bulged in shock hearing her response and Manik did a happy dance to his victory before saying "That's right..."

"Okay...I'll ask the TL" She said and Manik disconnected Cabir before saying "Your ever friendly TL...??"

She rolled her eyes and said "Will you ever forget that...?? I haven't posted it...I have already told you..."

He released a laugh and said "Okay okay...Just kidding...Let me know your leave status...Director is calling...Bye..."

"Bye" She said and they hung up the call.

Cabir called Manik and asked "What the...?? How dude...??"

Manik chuckled and said a single word before cutting the call "Trust".

As said, Nandini asked Dhruv for the 5 working days leave and knowing Nandini that she will not ask leave if it's not that important, asked her to drop an email and he approved it formally after passing it to the manager.

Nandini, upon receiving the approval mail, dropped a text to Manik saying that leave got granted.

After their usual routine two days, Manik called her and said "Pack your bags for a week and Cabir will come to pick you up on Friday evening..."

"Okay..." She simply said and continued telling about her failed trail on an Italian dish that he mentioned.

He knew that she will never ask questions and she knew he will never exploit that trust she has on him.

On the Friday evening,

Cabir has already informed about the timing that he will pick her and she was ready with her packed bags. He helped her in getting the luggage into the cab and reached airport after sometime.

Cabir was observing her face time to time to check any traces of confusion or curiosity but he failed to notice anything as such.

Once Cabir has taken the boarding passes and were seated waiting for the flight, her mobile rang displaying 'HERO' calling.

Cabir chuckled seeing that and moved away to get themselves a cup of coffee so that she can attend the call in private.

"Hey...All good...??" Manik asked once she answered the call.

"Yup...All good for now...Bhai has taken the boarding passes...Waiting for the flight..." She said looking at Cabir who was taking the coffee.

"Nandu..." He called out in the huskiest voice possible and her breath hitched in her throat before she could say "Jii"

"Don't you want to know where you are travelling...??" He asked to know her take on this journey.

"If the destination is you, then I don't want any other details..." She said sincerely and he was too overwhelmed to put his emotions into words.

He smiled brightly and said "I can't wait to see you..."

She smiled and just then Cabir joined with 2 cups of coffee and asked "Is Coffee okay? Or do you want lemon tea...??"

She chuckled and took the cup while Manik said "Okay...Chalo...I have to go...Happy journey...Bye..."

"Bye..." She said slowly and cut the call.

Nandini and Cabir shared about random topics right from their childhood to their professions and friends and got along easily till they boarded the flight. All this while, Nandini neither looked at the boarding pass, nor looked at the monitor that displayed flight timings and nothing else, but just followed Cabir.

"Little one..." Cabir called her once they got seated in the flight.

"Haan bhai..." She looked at him with a smile.

"Do you always trust people this easily...?? Or is it only Manik...?? I mean...Just because he said, you trusted and came along with me..." Cabir said seriously surprised with both of them.

She chuckled and said "Bhai...I trust him...and He trusts you...I can never doubt on his trust...Can I...??"

If Cabir is master of questions, then Nandini is a queen of answers. That single sentence from her made him shut his mouth with no further questions and she slept resting on the headboard and dozed off.

He smiled looking at her and adjusted himself to sleep till they reached their destination. Just when they were about to land, Cabir covered her with a jerkin and she smiled seeing him.

Once they got down and got outside the airport, her eyes searched to find that one face but in vain.

"He is busy shooting...And it's a 2-hour travel from his shooting spot..." Cabir said seeing Nandini anxious to find Manik.

"Ohh..." She said and her face fell while getting into the cab.

"Hey...Little one...He will be here by evening...Don't worry..." He said and she nodded with a smile.

Ignore mistakes...

Thanks everyone who kept commenting your views...Happy reading all those and sorry that I couldn't reply from past few chapters...

Please do drop your views so that I can write more...:)