Chapter 61

Previously on Chapter 60

I turn to look at my brother. "Aang... we've got to do something. We can't let them destroy this temple" I said. He nods his head in agreement. "Of course we will, sis..." he said, placing a hand on my shoulders while smiling reassuringly at me. I just smile back at him. I pull him into a hug, gently resting my chin on his shoulder.

-Prepare For Battle-

Y/N P.O.V

Aang and I follows Teo, as he leads us to where his father would be. When we reach there, I can see the mechanists looks depressed as he plays around with a miniature air balloon.

"When are they coming?" Aang said, in demanding voice. I lean against the door frame while staring at the man with stern expression. "Soon..." he said. I can hear a sound of popping. "Very soon" he said. I roll my eyes and pull away from the door.

"You can't give them anymore weapons!" I said. "If I don't give them what they want. They will destroy this place!" He said. The model of the air balloon catches fire. The quickly put the fire out using a piece of cloth.

"How can I be proud of you when your invention are being used for murders?" Teo said, I can hear anger in his voice. "I need some time to think..." he said. I hear the sound of bell ringing. I turn my head to see the bell on the desk.

"You need to leave. Go!" He said. I shake my head. "We're not leaving!" I said. "Then hide! Quickly!" He said. We rush over to hide behind his inventions. He pulls the rope that opens a trapdoor.

I can see a man is lifted into the room. He's wearing the Fire Nation uniform. I clench my hands into a tight fists. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Aang. He looks at me, shaking his head as if telling me to not act upon anger. I let out a sigh and take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerve.

"You know better than to keep me waiting. Give me what you owe us so we can be on our way" he said. I see the mechanists looks down. He looks troubled. My eyes soften a little at the sight of him. But I can tell that his silence is making the Fire Nation soldier impatient. "Well? Is there a problem??" He said. The mechanists flinch at the man's tone. "No... r-right this way..." he said. The man is heading to the door. Aang leaps forward and use his bending to close the door. I jump next to him.

"The deals off!" I said, angrily. "The Avatars..." he said, looking at us with his eyes widen. "Aang, Y/N. Don't get involved" he said. I roll my eyed at what he just said. "How can't we? This temple was the home for our people! And you... leave!" I said, pointing at the soldier as I said the last word.

"If I don't get what I came here for, the fire Nation will burn this place to rubble" he said, threateningly. "Be my guest. See if you can win against us" I said, glaring at him. "Get out of here!" Aang said. He use air-bending to slap the soldier in the face. "You're leaving empty handed!" I said. "Then the destruction of this temple, will be on your heads!" He said, while pointing at Aang and I. He leaves through the trap-door. I use my bending to slam it shut.

***

Teo and the rest of us are now standing by the tall bridge. "This is bad!" Teo said. "Very bad!" Sokka said, agreeing with Teo. "Aang, Y/N, what are we going to do? How can we possibly keep them away?" Katara said, turning to us.

I turn my head to look at the sky. I smirk as I think of something. "I'll tell you how. We have something they don't" I said. Aang caught on what I'm trying to say. He nods his head. "Yes! Air power! We control the sky! That's something the Fire Nation can't do!" He said, excitedly. I grin at him and nod my head.

I hear footsteps and turn my head. The mechanists is standing there. He have a look of guilt in his eyes. "I want to help..." he said. "Good... we'll need it" I said. Aang nods his head, smiling at the man.

***

We're now in the mechanist's workshop. "We finally got the war balloon working, thanks to Sokka. This boy's a genius" he said. "Thank you, you're a genius" Sokka said. "Thank you!" He said. I just look at the two of them with a bored expression. I just clear my throat to get their attention. They turn to look at me. I give them a look.

"See, the problem with the old war balloon was you could get it air-borne, but once it did, it just kept going. You could put a hole in the top, but then all the hot air would escape. So the question became, how do you keep a lid on hot air?" Sokka said. "Ugh, if only we knew" Katara said laughing, making Teo, Aang and I laughs along with her.

"A lid is actually the answer. If you control the hot air, you control the war balloon" he said, ignoring Katara's comment. "Huh, that's actually pretty smart" Katara said, looking impressed. "Okay, we've got four kinds of bombs: smoke, slime, fire and..." Sokka trailed off, while looking at the mechanist. "Stink! Never underestimate the power of stink!" He said, proudly.

Time-skip

"They're coming!" A little girl exclaimed. "Are we ready?" Teo said. "Yes, but where's Sokka and the war balloon?" Katara said. "They'll be here... don't worry" I said, patting her shoulder. "Y/N's right. We'll have to start without it" Aang said, jumping onto Appa.

I take a deep breath and opens my glider. I give Aang a curt nod. He returns the gesture with the look of determination on his face. We fly into the sky, which earns a chorus of cheers from everyone who stays on land.

Then...

*to be continued*