Chapter 7

3rd Pov

On a dirt road, a lone carriage with multiple escorts are moving at a steady pace on a rather peaceful journey.

"Uno! Hah! Suffer the excruciating pain of getting teamed up in this not so family friendly card game!" Haise yelled as he placed a yellow seven card.

Meanwhile, his two other companions, which are the two Daughters of the Demon Lord. Have scrunched up faces with each holding at least about fifteen cards on hand.

"This is pretty competitive, how come we've never heard of this game?" Druella asked as she placed a similar colored card.

"That's because I thought of it on the fly." Haise smugly pointed out. Though his free hand is pinching his leg.

"Ugh! This is infuriating! I thought you're aren't allowed to stack cards!" Liliana yelled in frustration as she too, places a similarly colored card.

"I clearly gave instructions that only a plus two card can be stacked. Not the plus four." Haise said as he pulled a card from the deck before placing it on the upturned pile and saying "Uno" once more.

"And don't make me mention the fact that once you only have one card left, you have to yell Uno. If not, you get to take two extra cards! What kind of torture is this!" Liliana yelled, as she watched Druella place a plus four on the pile. Making her groan and Druella smirk smugly.

"That'll be blue." She said as Liliana grumbled.

"Thanks, I just won." Haise enthusiastically slapped the car down on the pile. The blue nine card making a juicy smacking sound as it hit the rest.

Liliana frowned, except Haise only chuckled as he took a drink from his waterskin.

"But still though, you have to admit. This is much better than just staring outside the window while talking, makes traveling a hell lot of fun and faster." Haise said as he closed his Waterskin.

"I must agree, maybe once we visit home, we could invite everyone on a free for all? Sounds like fun." Druella smirks again, clearly planning to enjoy the suffering the cards could bring to their family.

"And I get to be targeted by everyone because I'm the youngest! Ugh! What creature had to possess you to make such a game Haise!" Liliana huffed in frustration. Placing a reverse card, then another reverse card, a plus two, and a block. Surprising Haise. She smugly smirked at Druella, as she no longer holds more then fifteen cards, and is down to nine cards.

"Ok, damn... Now I regret showing you my strategy." Haise gulped nervously as Liliana gave a smug smirk at his direction.

"Your fault. Not mine, I clearly remembered telling you about my more than magnificent memory." She bragged as it was Druella's turn to grumble.

Haise returned a challenging smirk.

"Oh yeah? You shouldn't be so cocky girl. My mind is an enigma, not even I could comprehend what strategies it could come up." Haise said, clearly not backing down.

"Just fuck already! Jeez, I know you're taking this slow to get to know each other better but by our Mother's Name! Just strangle each other like animals already!" Druella suddenly yelled.

The two blushed, but smirked at each other as they can clearly tell Druella didn't like what Liliana pulled.

"Oooh, someone's getting pissy." Liliana poked the bear with a stick, wearing a honey covered suit.

"I'll sit this one out." Haise stated as he knows a red flag when he sees one. But clearly, he has a smirk on his face.

Druella didn't hold it in, dropped her cards, and immediately went on the offensive. Tackling Liliana down on the carriage floor and assaulting her with tickles.