39 | drowned blood

Was this some kind of sick joke someone had played on me?

We never had it easy growing up. Our whole life, we had to watch how our parents struggled with money and a roof over our heads.

So naturally, as the oldest brother to my younger sister, I had gotten myself caught up in the underground world much sooner than I should have.

I needed money fast, and I had always been good with cards. I would take part in card games at the local casinos.

People would underestimate me because of my age and would let me shuffle the cards because they had so little faith.

Only when I teamed up with the person who seemed sympathetic and let them win did their eyes grow big and my smirk on my face as well.

My sins were bad.

I used people, took them for granted and harmed them, sometimes even went that far and... erased them from the world.

But my sin was nothing compared to my father's. Not when he had given up both of his children to people who were known to use children as objects and test on them.

Only when he had come to his senses and had learned it was dangerous did he stop but for us, it was too late.

I had never forgiven my father for what he had done to us, but much more had I hated myself after my sister disappeared and was known to the world as dead.

I had dreaded everything and I forgive my father for what he had done because now I couldn't forgive myself for what I should have done.

It was my responsibility alone as her older brother to take care of her and when I had found her again after all these years alive and well, I saw that as I sign and did what I should have done.

Protect her.

I couldn't stay there anymore knowing she was laying there in the hospital helpless.

Stepping out of the car I glanced straight ahead absolving the place.

I had chills as soon as I pulled the sheet out of my pocket and read what was written on top.

Never had my body gone to such a place where it couldn't seem to stop being tense.

Taking the paper out once more I read it in my head looking ahead and seeing the abandoned building.

The second I entered through the doors and into the cold hall a shiver ran down my spine. My whole body went ridged and my skin went dry and icy.

My lips were on the verge of clapping against each other and my hands turned to fist on its own.

I tugged my suit jacket trying to cover myself up, my grip tightening and the ends. I was almost on the edge of shivering.

Scanning the door, there was nothing.

Was this some trying to fuck me over? Why would someone place a black paper with white ink in my pocket with such a location written on top?

Questions I had no fucking answer to.

Turning around I finally spotted something ... more like someone.

The room was extremely dark to the point where I couldn't see my own hands when I strengthened my fingers in front of my face.

The only source of light I had in that rigged place was the lightbulb hanging from the top, yet it was at the end of the hall like in those night terrors you got when someone would peek from the side of the wall and then came close to you.

Feeling a light draft clearly from someone passing by me I quickly looked up seeing two eyes set on me. Reaching back almost immediately for my gun I was shocked to not find it there where I had just tugged it at the moment I stepped out of the car.

Fuck! Where the fucking hell was it.

"Searching something?" a voice suddenly appeared followed by the person stepping right under the light bulb.

This was impossible. How- how could this be? What the actual fuck! Either my mind was playing tricks on me, or the person was standing in front of me.

"...brother?"
"I think we need to talk."

And there she was, alive and in front of me.

"I think we do... Roy."

"She flatlined," I answered seeing all the color drain from his face

He stilled his whole body not moving.

Immediately I got a chip out of my pocket and handed it over to Enzo who was now leaning against the wall with his whole body weight.

Giving me a look full of emotions, sadness, confusion, disbelieve I gestured with my eyes and eyebrows to take it.

Right now, I only had one priority, and nothing was going to come across me.

I could prevent him from breaking like this, but then again I didn't have any right.

I wasn't coming between them. We were on the right track and as much as I wanted to share my plans with them.

It wasn't possible. Not yet.

"When you all went to pay Gonzalés a beautiful visit, she had a feeling that something was going to happen.

Call It intuition or just working for years underground but she knew from the start this game was too simple. How come we had everything given to us and had to work so little?" I asked causing them to think or widen their eyes.

"Go somewhere private where no one is near. Everything you need is filmed on the chip, if we find that person, we may know who is behind this." I finished receiving a nod.

And with that, I left.

Should I have told him the flatline wasn't because of some medical problem.

That she had heard footsteps come into the room and heard someone turn off the machines?

No, because right now everyone needed to believe my sister was dead.

____________
update: every week
To get more information on my update schedule visit my Instagram page.
Link in my bio.