61.Taking control again.

You manage to stop yourself in time and quickly sheathe your sword as silently as possible.

What just happened?

You remember her getting down from the tree and then you blacked out, the only thing you could hear were those corrupted thoughts and nothing else.

If I lose control like this in th-.

*sob*

Harpy (guard): "How long?"

She raises her head with visible anger and sadness on her face.

Harpy (guard): "HOW LONG ARE YOU GONNA MAKE ME WAIT?!"

You kneel down before her and pull her into a hug.

Harpy (guard): "You think this is going to-"

[Y/n]: "I don't expect it to "work" nor do I expect you to forgive me for everything that I've done."

Even if I haven't done anything.

She hugs you back and burries her head in to your chest

Harpy (guard): "You're just trying to make me feel better but when we will get back, you're just....going..."

[Y/n]: "I won't, I promise."

Harpy (guard): "Liar."

[Y/n]: "Look at me and tell me if I'm really lying."

She lifts her head up to look you in the eyes and after a short second she looks away.

Harpy (guard): "Still a Liar."

She still doesn't trust me, if I don't prove it to her she's just going to fear me forever even if we get back to the city. The ones who I've spent more time with seem to trust me even if some of them don't like me as much as they used to. Yet when it comes to the other girls in the city, they don't seem to like or trust me very much. With how the other me has been handling these things, it's no surprise that the others would hate him. Sadly, I need them to trust me even if it's only a few of them otherwise there might be a riot and I would need to fight them and that's the last thing I need.

You sigh, close your eyes and gently pull her into a kiss giving her enough time to refuse you but she doesn't pull away and let's you kiss her. Her arms move up and wrap around your neck, pulling you in and locking you in place.

After what felt like a good minute she pulls away and looks you in the eye with a huge grin on her face while you feel your cheeks burn with embarrassment.

Harpy (guard): "Are you trying to persuade me? You should know that one kiss is not gonna help you win me over."

She tries to pull you into another passionate kiss but you gently place your hand on her mouth.

[Y/n]: "That's enough, otherwise Fortune is gonna kill us both."

She sighs and let's you go, you stand up and then help her up. She doesn't seem too happy about you stopping her but if you didn't, you were sure that she would not be satisfied with kissing, besides all you needed was for her to trust you and if possible spread the word that you've changed once she realises that you really won't do anything to her.

You open a portal next to you.

[Y/n]: "This will get you back to the city."

She walks up to it and then stops.

[Y/n]: "Something wrong?"

She's not gonna tell me that she wants to continue this later on is she?

Harpy (guard): "Be careful, okay?"

Did the guy before me didn't know how to take care of himself? Was he this weak and still made harsh rules like that.

[Y/n]: "You worry about yourself, okay?"

You can hear her chuckle to herself. It sounded more sad than a happy.

Harpy (guard): "Just know that things aren't as simple as you may think that they are."

She steps through the portal and you close it so it doesn't take anymore energy out of you.

Not as simple? It's already bad enough, three outposts have been destroyed and no one in the city fully trusts me, they only listen because they fear their punishment which is death and these thoughts that come to my mind are also worrying me. If they take over me while I'm with Catherine or anyone else I might hurt them, I really don't want to add up to the problems that are already affecting them.

With those thoughts in mind you turn to the third outpost.

They probably ran away while I was trying to calm the girl down but I need to check.

It takes you a bit to get to the outpost but when you get there, you find... Maria, she was choking someone by the neck. You take out your sword and open a small portal next to you, then swing your sword downwards as another portal opens next to Maria's hand that she was choking the guard with. As expected, her reflexes helped her dodge the swing in time.

Maria: "[Y/n]... you came here sooner than I anticipated."

You open a portal near you, walk through it and teleport next to the guard. You quickly help her up and push her through a portal which will get her to Florence.

Maria: "[Y/n] I'm curious, what did you do to come back to life?

To life? Right, I never really thought about what had happened to the other me, I guess deep down I thought that he had dissapeared when I came here.

Maria: "I clearly remember you slowly and painfully dying before my eyes but I guess this is for the best because I'll get to kill you twice."

She extends her hand towards you and you felt a sudden pain in your chest but as soon as it came it went away. She suddenly dropped to the ground and started coughing up blood.

Maria: "No way..."

At first you thought that she was about to make a weapon for herself but it seems that she tried to manipulate your blood.

She tries again but the outcome is still the same.

Maria: "How... how did you manage to get my mark!? No, your not the [y/n] I know, I doubt that you're even him. So tell me, what or who the hell are you?"

Your mind goes blank and you lose all control of your body just like last time, except this time you're more aware of what's going on around you.

You start walking towards her as you take out your sword.

[Y/n]: "Who I am is up to you to decide."

You keep trying to move your body and when that doesn't work you try to atleast move your fingers.

[Y/n]: "But don't you find this situation a little funny? You slowly tortured me and then killed me and now, look at yourself..."

You kept on trying to move your hand or fingers but it didn't work until you tried to move your feet and finally you got to move your toe.

[Y/n]: "You're unable to move because of the damage you've done to yourself and I didn't need to do anything."

You get control of your feet as you feel your hands move up with the sword in hand.

[Y/n]: "Goodbye Maria."

Maria: "Rose...Sarah... I'm sorry..."

Both of them...you killed both of them?

You feel your hands move down but before the sword could hurt Maria you kick her out of the way at the very last second which makes you miss. After the swing you get full control of your body but before you could say or do anything, you get hit by someone in the back of your head.
.
.
.