Chapter 25: Friday I'll Be Over You

"Come on Bo! We gotta go!" I heard Kaitlyn yell from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Uno Momento." I yelled back, smacking my lips together and finishing up a few final touches on my outfit.

Brittany Green, an old friend from high school, was having a huge party at her house. I figured half of Santa Cruz was invited, and most were going, given that Brittany always has the best parties. I originally wasn't going to go, but my psycho friends are running my life. I grabbed my clutch on the counter and walked out of the bathroom to find all my friends waiting.

"Finally! Leggo!" Claire laughed and we hurried downstairs to the garage. I unlocked my car and everyone piled in. It was about a five minute drive to Brittany's house, so we got there right on time. It was already pretty crowded and the music could be heard probably about a mile away. I parked the car on the street and we all walked up to the door, which was left wide open. Lights were flashing, drinks were being splashed, and people were dancing everywhere. Hailey, Tori, and Kaitlyn ran in and met up with some of our other friends, leaving me and Claire standing alone in the threshold.

"Remind me why I agreed to come here?" I asked.

"Cause you need to get out of the house. You're a single woman for God Sakes, live a little! Come on, lets go dance." She pulled me to the center of the room. Oh right, I'm single now.

After about three songs, I actually started to have fun. I wasn't really "dancing" with anyone, except for Claire, which of course wouldn't count. We were both pretty sweaty and tired so we squeezed our way around couples dancing and finally made it to where the drinks were located. I didn't drink, so I stuck with a water. Claire didn't, but she never does. We were talking about really irrelevant things when someone put their hand on my shoulder and made me jump, almost spilling my drink.

"Woah, it's the rarest of all species! The wild Ashley out of her natural habitat and actually in public! It's revolutionary! Someone call the President!" he laughed and I pushed him away softly.

"Matt, you're seriously the meanest person ever. I party, you're just never at the parties I go too. Probably cause I'm too cool for you." I smirked, taking another sip of my drink.

"Aha, doubt that." he smiled, "So, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine. Everything's okay." I put on a fake smile. Everything was definitely not okay.

"That's great, really great."

"Yeah." I looked around the room. Sometimes talking to Matt could be so awkward.

"So, um, do you want to dance? You don't have to if you don't want to. But I was just thinking that you might want to dance with someone who you-"

"I'd love to dance with you." I cut him off and threw my drink in the trash. We headed back over to the large group of people dancing and joined everyone. Matt couldn't dance, and neither can I, so it was a pretty awful sight. But we were having a good time, so I didn't really care what people thought. The song we were dancing to ended and the beat of an all too familiar song began to play: Rack City. Me and Matt stood there awkwardly as everyone began grinding on each other. This is why I don't go to parties. I continued to stand around all through the beginning of the song, but about a minute in, I felt the presence of another behind me. This person began to slowly push their body against mine, making me instantly uncomfortable.

"Hey Bo. Where's your precious boyfriend now?" a raspy voice whispered in my ear. My heart began to beat faster as I realized who it was. I tried to push him away, but he held a tight grip on me.

"Austin, leave me alone." I clinched my teeth together.

"No. We're going to have fun, whether you want to or not." he chucked and I cringed. I stood there, completely disgusted and uncomfortable, as Austin's body grinded against mine. The song came to an end and I let out a sigh of relief as Austin stopped. I began to walk away, but Austin grabbed my wrist and spun me back around to face him.