𝟦𝟥 | 𝖮𝗎𝗋 𝖰𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝖧𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖡𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖠𝗇𝗌𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾𝖽

❝ 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛, 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ONE MONTH LATER

"Cass, how do you know when the exact right time is to walk off the trail?" I ask, around and behind me. I'm surprised nobody hikes this trail anymore.

Years ago when Cass and I found this, it was always so busy. People always used to walk up and down the trail for hours. Now it's a legit ghost town . . . or I guess ghost trail.

"Because I tied a red ribbon to one of the branches on a tree years ago. We just need to find the tree first. Look! It's right there!" I follow her finger toward where she is pointing at.

My eyes caught the red ribbon she was talking about which is tied to a branch up high on a tree. How the hell was she able to climb that high up without me noticing? "Here is where we walk off?"

"Yes and if I remember correctly," Cass bends down and moves her hand from the tree, hovering it around. "I tied a transparent fishing string from tree to tree until it reached the red bridge." She stands up and continues to walk straight while moving her foot to the side every now and then to make sure we're still going the right way.

It's only about a five minute walk to the red bridge we were just talking about. "I'm surprised it hasn't been torn down yet." I say, walking towards the bridge. A few months before Cass and I met Serenity, we were hiking the trail like we did every week since we found it.

Then one day my sister had the brilliant idea to walk off the trail. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to get lost in the woods. But I'm so happy I pushed those thoughts away and followed behind her. Because there, we found this small red bridge that is built over a river.