Part 3: Entrance Exams

A/n Someone helped me pick a quirk. Its called puppeteering and you can manipulate inanimate objects that weigh less than you. The person who gave me this was Hot_IndecisiveMess. Thanks and enjoy~

Reader pov

I looked up to the huge school with determination in my eyes. I've finally made it to the UA practical exams. The written exams were tough, but I'm positive that all my hard work will pay off. I followed the crowds to an auditorium and sat in my seat. 15D, where is seat 15D? I found the row D and walked along, apologizing to people as I passed them. I found my seat and sat down, going over my notes in my head. After around ten minutes a boy with spiky red hair came over and sat down next to me.

Seeing this as a good opportunity to make new friends, I introduced myself. "Hey, my name's Y/n." I reached out my hand and the redhead shook it.

"The name's Eijiro Kirishima," He said, flashing his sharp teeth.

"Wow, your teeth are so sharp," I said in awe. "Is it a part of your quirk?"

"I don't think so," He answered. "They've always been like this."

"That's so cool! What's your quirk?"

"I can harden my skin," Kirishima explained. "What about you?"

"It's called puppeteering," I replied, lifting a pencil off the floor. "I can manipulate inanimate objects that weigh less than me."

"Whoa," Kirishima exclaimed. "That is so awesome!"

"HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!" The lights dimmed and a spotlight landed on stage. It showed off the voice hero: Present Mic. "CAN I HEAR SOME NOISE!?"

"Yeah!!" Everyone cheered, stoked that such a charismatic pro hero would be giving us the exam details.

"THE PRACTICAL TEST WILL BE TAKING PLACE IN A REPLICA URBAN AREA! DO YOUR BEST TO KEEP PROPERTY DAMAGE TO A MINIMUM," The loud hero shouted. If he keeps this up for much longer I might have to start covering my ears.

"He sure is loud," Kirishima commented, voicing my thoughts.

"Tell me about it."

"Candidates will be fighting robots, so make sure not to hurt other examinees, ya feel!? The robots have a point system," Present Mic yelled, although considerably quieter. A screen dropped down and showed four shadows. He zoomed in on each one as he described them. "First up are the one pointers! They're pretty small and easy to deal with! Then there's the two pointers, not that difficult but they are stronger! And then there's the three pointers, these guys can be mean!"

Some kid raised their hand. Present Mic called on them. "The paper we received said there would be four robots," the guy said, chopping his right arm. "Is this some kind of error? That is unbecoming of a school such as UA!"

"Good thinking kid," Present mic called. "That would be the zero pointers! These ones are really difficult to beat and are just there as an obstacle! I'd stay away from them if I were you!"

"My apologies, sir!"

"Now get going to your battle areas," Present Mic yelled.

***

"Four, Three, Two, One, GO!!!" When Present Mic finished counting the huge gates opened. "That means you can start now! Stop wasting time!"

The examinees freaked out and started running. I split off from the main group to find robots on the outskirts. I picked up whatever small objects I could find, rocks, trash, debris. Whatever would be easy enough to use my quirk on, I took. I ran inside a building and climbed to the roof, looking around for robots. I saw five, but two were the ones with lasers. Seriously, lasers, UA is crazy. I have to take out those two first so they can't attack me. I dumped my collection on the ground and settled on a sharp metal shard and glass from a broken window. I lifted them and shot them at the robots with lasers. They stabbed into the robots "heads" and shut them down. All the other robots zoned in on me instantly. I chuckled nervously and lifted a few more items, sending a few at the robots. I looked around only to see some kid running away from three more bots. I hit two of them with some debris and took them out as well, leaving the last one for the kid to handle.

I ran away to find more robots, taking my stash with me. I started to feel a bit light headed from using my quirk so much. I looked around and saw a group of three robots. I threw a rock at one of them. The rock bounced off and the robot looked at me before crashing to the ground. I took out the other two and continued my journey. There was a girl trapped under some debris. I lifted off the chunks one-by-one until it was just a heavy piece of metal. I bent down and lifted it off of her, dropping it on the ground when she moved.

A few minutes later a bell rang. "HELLO LISTENERS! THAT WAS THE BELL SIGNALLING THE END OF THIS TEST! PLEASE HEAD BACK TO THE ENTRANCE FOR OUR VERY OWN RECOVERY GIRL TO DO QUICK CHECKUPS!!"

I helped the girl walk back to the entrance of the fake town. When we got there I saw a flash of red. "Kirishima!"

He turned around, eyes widening when he saw me. "Y/n," Kirishima chirped. "How did you do?"

"I think I did pretty good," I replied confidently. "What about you?"

"I think I did alright. My quirk isn't that strong though," He muttered. "I'm a little nervous I won't pass."

"Don't be so hard on yourself," I comforted. "Your quirk has so much potential, and that's what the hero course is looking for."

"Thank you, Y/n," Kirishima grinned. "That means a lot."

***

It's been a week since the exams. The mail was delivered just a bit ago and my parents are skimming through it quickly to see if my letter came.

"Y/n, I think this is it," Mom cheered, holding out a white envelope with UA high school on it.

"Oh my gosh! That's it," I shouted, taking the envelope.

"Good luck, kiddo."

"Thanks Dad, Mom," I said, pulling them both into a tight hug. "I'm gonna go open this in my room."

I ran to my room and locked the door. I set the envelope on my desk and sat down on my bed, taking a deep breath. After taking a second to calm down, I reached over and opened up the envelope. A circular device fell out onto the desk and turned on. A projection popped out, showing the number one hero.

"I am here! Teaching at UA," All Might exclaimed, doing his signature pose. "Young L/n, you have received excellent marks on the written exams. You've achieved some of the highest marks of students here at UA. As for the practical exams, you have gotten thirty villain points and fifty rescue points! Welcome to UA, your hero academia!"

Then the projector shut off. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I ran down stairs and hugged my parents.

"I made it," I cried. "I'm going to be a hero!"