THIRTY-EIGHT

THIRTY-EIGHT
OLLIE

"You know when you saw me for the first time, what was your first thought?" I slowly open my eyes and turn my head to Lilah who lies next to me.

I try not to move too much because of our sleeping three month old daughter that dribbles on my bare chest. I chuckle lightly at the sleeping baby.

"My first thought?" I whisper and Lilah nods her head. "My first thought was that you were the most beautiful woman I had ever seen and that I wanted to murder that ex-husband of yours."

Lilah giggles and playfully rolls her eyes.

"You look a little lost." Lilah mimics me and I scoff and pinch her thigh.

"Shut up." I pout and she laughs harder, waking up Malia from her deep slumber.

Babbles escape her mouth before a whimper. I sit up and begin to rub her back but she only starts to cry harder.

"Here, let me take her." Lilah offers and takes our daughter from my arms. She stands up and begins to whisper comforting words in her tiny ears.

I watch in disbelief as she stops crying straight away.

"Traitor. " I huff and watch my two beautiful girls.

Lilah places Malia back into her cot, stroking her curly hair before climbing back into the bed with me.

She gets the sleeve of her pyjama top and wipes the dribble on my chest with an amused look on her face.

"I love you." I whisper and she stops her movements to look me in the eyes. "Say it back." I mumble when she gives me a playful stare.

"Who's the baby here, you or Malia?" She raises her eyebrows and I copy her actions. "I'm very much in love with you, Ollie baby."

A satisfied smile forms onto my face. Every time she says those words to me I feel like melting to a puddle on the floor.

"Ollie?" Lilah questions as she rests her head on my chest and I begin to trace patterns lightly on her smooth skin.

"Hmm."

"Why have you never spoken about your parents to me? If you don't want to talk about it that's fine, it's just you've never mentioned them." I begin to nibble at my bottom lip as I digest her question.

"My mother died when I was young so I don't have much memory about her. I very rarely see my father, we're not on the best of terms hence why I always reach out to Nasir because I see him more of a father figure — he's been there for me a lot more than my own father." I explain to her and she nods her head in understanding.

"I'm sorry." She whispers and I furrow my eyebrows.

She doesn't need to be sorry. Never.

"Don't be sorry, Lilah. You've blessed me with a family and the most love I could ever have, I'm the happiest I've ever been." I smile and watch as her eyes begin to water.

My smile falls.

"Did I say something wrong?" I panic and she sniffles, shaking her head and sits up to look down at me.

"I know this is probably going to sound morbid, but I sometimes wonder how my life would of been if Dale had never worked for you. I'd probably still be in that horrible marriage or I'd be — I'd be dead because I couldn't take any more of it." She cries and my heart clenches at the thought of me never of meeting my Lilah.

"Well it's a blessing that I showed you the toilet that evening." I joke, trying to cheer up the mood and I succeed when my beautiful woman begins to laugh.

"I was really bursting for a piss." She wipes her eyes with a smile on her face.

"So you said." I smirk and I watch as she covers her face in embarrassment. "Show me your pretty face." I pull her hands away and she smiles brightly down at me.

"Now that I think about it that was really embarrassing." She huffs and I shrug.

"Doesn't change the fact that I was absolutely smitten with you." I tell her and she bites her lip.

"If our daughter wasn't in here right now I'd jump you, you know that right." She grins and I playfully roll my eyes.

"Like you did the other day in the jacuzzi." I raise my eyebrows and she winks.

"Of course, you're a very irresistible man, Ollie." She runs her acrylic nail up and down my chest.

"Don't make me put another baby in you, Lilah." I half joke because as of right now that's something I really want to do.

"No."

•••

LILAH

"Look at our newly wed couple." Nasir claps his hands as Ollie and I walk in hand in hand to our reception. Everyone chuckles at his excitement.

It's a small reception with close friends and family, not that I have many on my side. I even got to meet Camil and his wife Angel, she's a sweet girl but I was very confused with how someone so sweet ended up with someone like Camil — considering his occupation. However, they look to be in love so that's all that matters.

"Mama." Greyson reaches up for me and I pick him up and pepper kisses all over his chubby cheeks. "Very pretty, mama." He beams and I smile brightly.

"Thank you, baby, but look how handsome you are!" I compliment him and he giggles, adjusting his glasses once I've placed him back on his feet.

My parents slowly walk over with a sleeping Malia.

"We're so happy for you, sweetie." My mother sniffles and I watch as my father wraps his arm around her, kissing the side of her head. "This is what you deserve and more, Lilah."

"Thank you." I smile and then look back up at my husband who stares down at me with a loving gaze.

Once we are left alone he leans down to whisper in my ear and my eyes widen. The seductive whispers that leaves his lips has me thinking back to our first intimate encounter and our first date in Spain.

It has me thinking about the forbidden situation that it had us in.

The tears and frustrations.

Anger.

But most importantly the love.

Because I am so in love with this man and I'm grateful to finally call him my husband.

"I love you, Lilah."

"I love you, Ollie baby."

THE END

A/N
Ahh the end 🥺😪 Thank you so much for reading and I really hope that you have enjoyed reading Lilah and Ollie's journey. The epilogue is up too 💕