184

"Patricia,"

"Uy Jake pasensya na hindi ako nakapunta kahapon something... just came up,"

"Ayos lang..." He trailed. "But is everything okay?"

"Mhmm?" Patricia beamed. "Ayos lang."

"Patricia lunch?"

"Sorry Jake nakapaglunch na ako... Si Aki nalang muna siguro? Si Aki hindi pa nakakapaglunch."

"Patpat, I bought vanilla latte."

"Uy thank you Jake pero... binabawasan ko na kasi intake ko ng kape. Si ano... Si Aki! Inaantok sya kanina, yun kailangan ng kape."

"Gusto mo maglibot-libot sa mga booth, Pat?"

"Jake ano... ako kasi yung bantay sa booth namin ngayon..."

"Mamaya?"

"Ako yung bantay buong araw hehe... Si Aki... yon hindi pa sya nakakapaglibot."

"Have I done something wrong?" He at long last raised.

Patricia knew that this part is bound to happen anyways but it still made her stop from her tracks.

She averted her gaze to Jake and faked a smile trying to stop all the unspent tears gathering up in the corners of her eyes, and relieve the tightening feeling in her chest and throat.

"Wala." Tipid nyang sagot.

"Pero iniiwasan mo ako. Bakit mo ako iniiwasan?" He asked— pain and confusion evident from his voice.

Tangina ang hirap hirap.

"Hindi naman kita iniiwasan."

"Sinungaling."

She looked straight into his eyes. It was anything but a smart idea— it almost made her broke all her vows to herself and break free from all the force that's completely stopping her from falling.

In any case, she must be strong— she told to herself.

"Mamaya nalang, Jake. Umalis ka na muna."

"Pero bakit? Can you atleast please tell me what's wrong?" He begged.

"Wala, busy lang talag ako." She pretended to fixed the chairs and tables on the booth as Jake gander at her.

It pains him seeing her like this, being like this.

She wanted him away... yet, for what reason does she needed him to? He asked to himself.

What's more, very much like on time Aki out of nowhere enetered the scene.

"Pat...." she trailed. "Jake."

"Sakto." Patricia muttered under her breath. She once again tried to mask anything she's feeling with a smile and clung her arms at her friend. "Aki samahan mo si Jake gusto daw nya maglibot libot sa mga stalls. Diba hindi ka pa naman nakakapaglibot?"

"A-ano?"

Aki furrowed her eyebrows, not being able to actually grasped the situation and even before she could properly answer, Patricia had effectively pushed Jake... with Aki away— together.

Masakit. Pero ano bang dapat kong gawin? Sinusubukan ko naman Lord pero pano... pano kung hindi ko pala talaga kaya?