Chapter 46

I didn't expect High Priestess Agnesia to be elegant. Though, to become a High Priestess you need to become a wise person that people will want to seek advice from. Thus this is why the High Priestess exudes such a wise and calm aura which in the end aura can make the person elegant.

Still.

Why did the person who spent years serving the Moon Goddess and also a highly respected individual come to visit me?

"To be honest, I've never expected that a highly regarded individual would want to meet me," I said without hiding a surprise but I still kept my composure.

Agnesia's green eyes didn't show any reaction. She looked about forty years old with blond hair that faded into silver. She didn't answer it at first as she was putting the cup of tea on the table.

"Does it also have to be a reason? Couldn't it have to be a matter of fate, Princess Evelyn?" High Priestess Agnesia asked in amusement. My facial expression changed to more neutral.

Personally, even though I didn't mind people that choose to serve Goddess but I didn't like how they used fate and destiny to justify their reasoning.

My rebellious mind wanted to accidentally splash High Priestess' robe with tea and call it a 'fate'. Of course, I don't want to just make an enemy after I just met a person.

"I believe some decision is under the person's control rather than ethereal being, your Holiness," I replied politely. then continued "I would rather that people be straightforward with me than playing word games, I don't have much time."

High Priestess Agnesia sighed.

"Fine, I'll get to the point."

"You see the situation is very peculiar, the one who is destined to become a Queen is instead handling a selection of potential rulers." Before I could say anything Agnesia interrupted me.

"I don't like playing mind games either. Before I say anything it's worth mentioning that I'm able to see connections, even broken ones." High Priestess Agnesia revealed.

So this is the case? I've heard that those who serve under Goddess are often granted to predict prophecies or see the connection.

Looking at her reaction and her disciples' reaction I can conclude that she is very serious. I poured myself a cup of tea before answering.

"If that is the case, I'm not planning to change the 'connections'. I don't know how I can help you." I said as I took a sip of the tea.

"You must have heard of prophecy about a Queen who will dethrone and make her lover her King." I frowned at Agnesia's words. I understood that hint but I hoped that I don't need to resort to those methods.

"You see, I don't have a lover. I'm married." I pointed out the fact. High Priestess Agnesia once again sighed.

"Back then, our people cherished their soulmates and condemned folks who chose to reject their soulmates. Many things were omitted out of the prophecy since the one who was enlightened with the gift couldn't understand the prophecy clearly." Agenesia explained.

"What most people forgot about the prophecy. Is that the Queen ruling the Kingdom with her lover is destined to prevent the disaster and bring prosperity." Finally, Agnesia stated.

The new information I was given overwhelmed me. I didn't know how I should act.

I have other things to worry about than thinking about how I could dethrone Damien.

"What if I don't want to become a Queen?" I mused. After all, I preferred being Princess of Nauloria to becoming a Queen of Werewolf and trying to clean up the mess that werewolves made.