188

Patricia has only been to Jake's place once, so being lost was not something she could avoid.

She bent down, panting from nonstop running— as if confessing became an adventure, from struggling to find transportation, to forgetting her wallet and almost getting sued by the taxi driver; luckily Aki's brother, Jaemin happened to be in the same vicinity and saw her, if not, she wouldn't know what could possibly went down.

Pat's face was already dripping from both sweat and tears. She never wanted to be late again, she hope she wasn't.

She's long been ready to break free even before from whatever force that's stopping her and fall— freely.

"Lord send help?" She begged just before a familiar dog came rushing towards her.

She looked around before crouching down at the overly excited dog, "Layla nasan na tatay mo?"
She asked but, the dog only barked at her and stayed put into her place.

She pulled the dog close to her and fished her phone out of her pocket. She tried dialling Jake's number only to be left in voicemail.

"Jake..." she trailed, stifling her sobs. " I am forgetful and I couldn't remember exactly where you live and I'm taking every chances I've got so sorry kung after spamming you with messages andito naman ako sa voicemail mo. I really understand kung ayaw mo ako makita after what happened these past few days but I still hope you'd listen."

The dog started to lick Patricia's cheek as her tears begun to fall once again, " Sorry... sorry for everything... for pushing you away... for making you worry... for not showing up that day... for hurting you... sorry. I- I don't really know what... or how to say this kasi kahit naman anong rason ko wasn't an excuse for hurting your feelings. Alam kong hindi mabubura nang kahit anong sorry lang lahat pero sorry... I'm really really sorry, Jake. Pero please maniwala kang gusto kita— gustong gusto, I love you and... and... I really hope I wasn't late..."

She sniffed and looked down. Like a stream, her tears won't seem to stop from flowing no matter how many times she tried to wipe them.

"You're like the ocean and sea, you're everything. Whenever I thought that I've already reached the seafloor... I'll realized that there is still something more to explore, to dive, to fall— for you."

"Like Ariel, I had and still willing to fall, to swam, dive in more in the profundities of who you are and I fell and will still fall deeply inlove.

I want you to know that regardless, of the unknown depths of you, exploring never felt like drowning at all, it's more of finding a home in both sea and shore, of the things impossible becoming possible, it's the feeling of being saved, safe and alive." She confessed with her full chest.

And Jake? He heard it. He heard all of it. It's not like she's late or he's over. For him, falling for her was never hard or tiring, in fact it's free fall— with no other forces that act other than gravity, and just like gravity she pulls him down, in a good way, in a necessary way, he doesn't have any control and even if he did, he won't.

He will always let himself fall regardless of the height or the mass, if that makes sense, or the acceleration of 9.8m/s^2 , because she's worth the fall, worth of the impact worth of any consequences, he was drawn towards her, and with her everything just seems to fall into the right place.

And so he let himself gravitate towards her and hugged her —really tight, and everything felt magical. A happily ever after— their happily ever after.