Chapter- 43

Braelyn's POV

"So how should I react?" I raised my head up to give Cora a blank stare.

"I mean are you happy or are you upset?" My eyes followed her line of vision and settled on the pregnancy test in my hand. Evan had left for the office after making sure that I would take a rest for the day. I haven't been feeling so great since this morning as well. I called Cora up demanding that she bought a kit on her way here. So now I was sitting at the edge of the bed while the two pink lines glared at me.

"I'm confused." I honestly didn't know how to feel.

"Things are good between you two right?" She asked after a brief pause.

"To answer your question, we are good but that's not it. The thing is I'm not sure if I'm ready." I tossed it on the bed.

"Are you considering an abortion?" Without answering her question, I sighed.

"Look, it's okay if you're considering it. Maybe it's because I haven't ever been pregnant or anything but I can't relate to the how people stage an abortion as a horrendous crime of killing a child when it's actually just a foetus." I fell back on the bed.

"I haven't thought so far." My eyes were trained on the ceiling but my mind was all over the place.

"You can tell me whatever is on your mind." She too laid down beside me.

"You know how things are right now in his family. First we got back together, then the engagement. Everything is being rushed and now this pregnancy. I- I don't know if I want this right now." After that we both were quiet. Cora was a good listener and that's why I had called her instead of Bri. Besides Brae had been too busy with her college assignments lately. The silence felt comfortable.

"I would have loved to help you get to a solution but this is something that you and your boyfriend need to figure out together." I turned around and looked at her.

"Talk to him, tell him everything about how you feel. He will understand."
………………………….

Stepping inside the room, I saw Evan sitting on the bed working on the laptop. He glanced my way once to pass a smile before turning his attention back on the screen.

"Are you feeling better today?" He asked just as I finished tying my hair up.

"Yeah. Totally and completely fine." I ended with a nervous chuckle but he didn't seem to be weirded out. He put his laptop aside and came behind me to wrap his hands around my waist.

"I missed you at the office." He kissed the base of my neck, his hot breath against my skin putting me in a frenzy. I was seconds away from forgetting what was on my mind.

"I have something to tell you." I blurted out. He retreated but not completely. Instead he put his head on my shoulder waiting for me to speak up.

"Well?" I spun around and looked at his face.

"I- uhh…wait." I picked up the file from the bedside table. Yesterday after that test, I wanted to confirm it. So earlier today, I went to the clinic for a test.

"Here." I pushed it into his hand. His confused gaze settled on it.

"What is th…" He trailed off. I blinked, totally freaked out at the unnerving silence that followed.

"It isn't yours, right?" He looked up, this time his eyes wide.

"It has my name in it. So yeah, it's mine." I breathed out.

"This isn't a joke or something. You're really pregnant?" He uttered each word clearly like he was trying to make sure there was no misunderstanding. I bit down on my lower lip and nodded. The very next thing I knew was that I was in his arms.