Chapter 2

Y/N's heels clicked against the hard floor as she walked down the stairs. She walked towards the huge dubble doors that led to the foyer.

When she arrived at the doors one of the elves opened it for her. When the gigantic doors opened she saw Merle standing a few metres away at one of the coffee tables. She silently groaned as she knew that the torture was about to start.

When Merle saw Y/N she started walking towards her with brisk steps. The clicking of her heels sounded terrifying to Y/N. She would probably associate Merles heels with fear for the rest of her life. Suddenly, she felt like a scared little twelve year old girl again.

When Merle reached Y/N she looked at her disapprovingly before her face returned to it's usuall stone -like expression.

" Follow me" Merle said with a dead tone in her voice.

Merle quickly turned around and started walking towards the other part of the house. Y/N tried to keep up but stumbled a few times. By stumbling she once again earned a dissaproving sigh from Merle.

They walked towards one of the empty rooms of the house. In there, the other maids had prepared a huge bath and everything else they would need to prepare Y/N for her big day.

Once the set of doors to the room opened Y/N was met with a bright light. The sun shone in through the large wall of windows. She could basically see the whole garden from there. Thankfully, They were on the 4th floor, so nobody would be able to see into the room if they looked up from inside the garden.
Merle walked briskly towards the huge bath that had been prepared. If it had been other circumstances, Y/N would have though that the bath looked rather inviting. The maids had added a bath bomb earlier so the deliciosly warm water had tiny golden sparks in it. Y/N thought that it almost looked like liquid gold. The golden water was barely visible because of all the bubbles that had been added.

Y/N thought that it was probably Soraya that had insisted that the bubbles were added. Soraya had been her maid when she was a little girl. She had always loved Soraya very much and was devestated when she was replaced by Merle.

Soraya knew how much Y/N loved bubble baths. Whenever she felt anxius as a child, Soraya always made her a scented bubble bath. Y/N could remember the smell of lavender and camomile like it had been yesterday.

" Time to get undressed Ms. Black" Merle stated with a cold voice.

Y/N only nodded in response before walking towards the curtain that had been set up in the right corner of the room. On a little table inside the makeshift changing room Y/N noticed a soft white bathrobe and a hairbrush. There was also a big mirror on the wall.

She pulled the dress she was wearing over her head before unlacing her tight black corset. She carefully placed the corset and the dress on the little table besides the white robe. After removing her tights and shoes she picked up the soft cotton robe and carefully put it on. Her hands were a bit shaky as she tied the thick sash around her waist.

She looked herself in the mirror before picking up the hairbrush. She ran it through her hair a couple of times before deciding to step out from the curtain.

Merle looked at her with emotionless eyes before facing the wall. She did this to give Y/N at least a bit of privacy as she stepped into the bath.

Y/N slowly slipped the robe off her shoulders and neatly folded it. After placing the robe on a small table beside the bath, she started climbing into the hot water. A sudden calmness hit her as she felt the water enclosed her in its embrace.

She felt the delightful smell of roses as the water reached her shoulders.

She toom a deep breath before the sound of Merle's heels reached her ears. Y/N tried to think about something else as she heard Merle open the way too expensive shampoo bottle. A few seconds later, she felt Merles cold, bony fingers touch her scalp.