Chapter 27- Fault.

Malcolm hovered over Brynn's torso, knees resting on either side of her as he tried to get a punch in.

Brynn, herself, was trying to wiggle out of it, holding said boy's wrists in her hands to prevent them coming further down.

"What, you scared?" Malcolm sneered from up top.

"Gonna call your brothers?" he leant his face further down after another failed attempt at bringing his fists closer to her face. Brynn was mustering up all her strength to hold his wrists away, flashbacks of Milo fluttering around her mind.

She dug her nails further into his wrists not sure whether or not she was looking at a petulant young boy or a daunting Milo on top of her.

Aubrey ran over and tried to push his right shoulder, not being successful as Malcolm shoved his left fist into her stomach and caused her to fall back. Penny went to assist straight after, stopping when Malcolm opened his mouth again.

"What are they gonna do, huh?" he proceeded trying to push his fists further down to make contact with Brynn's face.

"Nothing, aren't they? Do you know why? Because they're just a bunch of bastards!" his face got right up close to hers and she winced when his voice made direct contact with her eardrums.

But then, the same fiery protectiveness feeling that took over her before flared up like it never had before.

She tightened her grips on his wrists and brought her right knee up fast, making direct contact with his things.

All of Malcolm's attempts to make contact with her with his fist and her face ended abruptly. He groaned in pain and it looked like his eyes welled up in tears as he basically screamed, bringing his hands to cover the abused area. "Fuck!"

He fell to his left, his left forearm holding him up and he removed his knees from either side of Brynn to crawl away slightly. He was on his knees, his right hand trying to protect that area from any more damage and his left arm was shaking a little trying to hold him up.

Brynn breathed shakily and sat up, looking at him. She honestly couldn't believe there was something to make contact with.

"You bitch!" Malcolm screamed, looking at where she now sat. Brynn glared, daring him to say something about her brothers again.

Malcolm got up, a little shaky at his knees and his two fists on either side of him. Brynn got up too, simultaneously. She wasn't going to be on the floor if he made another move for her.

Which he did, he charged once again clearly not getting the hint to leave her alone. Brynn's mind flicked through nearly everything that was in there.

Thoughts and memories of Milo doing the same thing flashed across numerous times and when Malcolm was barely two away, her left fist clenched shut and tight.

She recalled watching the people in Ezra's boxing ring spar once. And she also recalled walking past the gym at home once, seeing Ezra and Zach in there; Zach punching a punching bag and Ezra standing behind him, with his arms crossed and watching his every move with narrowed eyes.

"You know to keep your thumb outside your fist, Zach, unless you want to break it."

Brynn slid her thumb over her fist, tightening her fingers and brought it up to swing it at him just as he got one foot away.

A low, audible sound of her fist making contact with his bare skin sounded and his face whipped to the left. He whipped it back, wincing at the burning pain in his nose. Bringing his hand up to it, he pulled it away looking at the crimson liquid which now covered it.