Chapter 40.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

After Y/n woke up in the middle of the night she went to get a glass of water and was confused to see a crying Marcus in her kitchen.

She just looked at the back of the sobbing boy awkwardly, before she coughed into her hand so she could signal that she was also there. Trying to give him some sort of warning here.

At that Marcus quickly turned around in surprise, before he lifted the hem of his t-shirt up to quickly wipe his tears away, which also exposed his stomach in the dim moon light. His stomach, that was littered with cuts and bruises, which were clearly done by someone else.

"Are you alright?" She asked, while trying to be quite seeing as all of the students were probably sleeping over and she didn't want him to feel uncomfortable.

"Do I look alright, you fucking lemon!?" He hissed at her, with his crooked teeth bared "I have been feeling like shit all day and then Adrian said that I could crash at this place and be safe, because of your mother, M/n L/n, and because no one, not even my father would mess with her!"

"I just wanted to tend to my wounds in peace, but you just have to stick your nose in everyone's business, don't you?!" He told her, as he pulled his shirt down again.

"Hey! I'm just trying to help you, dude!!" She hissed back, while she stepped closer and shut the kitchen door behind her.

"Not everyone wants your goddamn help, alright?" He told her, with a done expression. "You always think, just because you can help, that you should, but not everyone wants your help!"

"Just because you are such a people pleaser doesn't mean, that people actually want to be pleased by you, you stupid badger!" He told her, which stunned Y/n.

'Do people think I'm a people pleaser??' She asked the voice, who didn't answer, too scared that it's answer would hurt the girl.

"Some people need help though! And if they do I just want them to know, that I'm here to help!! I won't push anyone into doing something they don't want to d--" She defended herself, but before she could say more Marcus slapped a hand over her mouth and pulled her closer.

"Wht!!?" Y/n tried to say, but it was muffled because of Marcus hand, still over her mouth.

"Shut up, I think there is someone in your garden!" He shushed her, while wrapping his other arm around her waist and pulling her towards the window.