Ch.14 Aoi

~Y/n pov~

Amane tugged on my arm.

"We may be able to make it to Aoi in time." He stated.

Aoi meant a lot to Nene so of course I was in.

I nodded and we shared a determined look.

Tsukasa had disappeared again. He did that a lot and then just came back as if nothing happened.

I'm a bit worried.

For someone reason, it feels like something really bad is going to happen soon.

Amane tugs my arm softly.

I look up and meet his eyes.

His eyes are filled with concern as he gazed at me with his golden eyes.

"Are you okay?" He frowned.

"Yeah. Sorry, I have a bad feeling." I sighed as I tried to clear my head.

Arms wrapped around my waist and I was lifted into the air.

I let out a small yelp and turned to Amane with a startled expression.

He just smiled and cradled me closer.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck as he held me.

"Let's go now." Amane spoke softly, his voice sounding warm.

I allowed myself to relax and rested my head on the crook of his neck, finding comfort in his warmth.

A few times I almost fell asleep because I was so relaxed.

~*~

We both ran faster as we heard a scream.

I came to a stop and noticed Aoi there.

We had found her.

She was sat on the floor staring at her hands in shock as they started to disappear.

Amane stopped beside me and spoke to Aoi to get her attention, "What are you doing?"

Her head snapped up as she looked at us with a mixture of shock and relief.

I pointed towards what looked to be a black whole swallowing up buildings, "That over there is a result of the severance from the human world. These boundaries are trying to destroy themselves."

Aoi seemed even more startled by the information as she stared at us wordlessly.

"Oh yeah, you'll probably want to stop sitting there." Amane pointed out, "Before you get swallowed up... you should hurry up and get out of here."

Aoi quickly jumped out and walked away from the spot, peering in the direction we were looking.

It was then she noticed the train and the station.

She opened her mouth and finally spoke in a meek voice, "Where is it going?"

"To the far shore. The next world." I stated.

Amane smiled and waved his hand dismissively, "But if you want to stay here and be destroyed along with your soul I won't stop you."

We both watched as Aoi scrambled towards the train and got on.

I let myself smile slightly in relief. Maybe she'll be okay.

"Let's go with her." I stated.

Amane was silent for a few seconds before nodding and smiling.