30

After telling Layla everything, we went into the pack house. Zane took us and showed us her room, and I was grateful he was even letting her stay. Though I had threatened to leave if he didn't.

Tomorrow was the 'funeral' and Lane would be coming. I was ready, but still nervous as ever. So many thoughts ran through my head. The main one, would I actually kill him? Could I? I know he tried to kill me and left me for dead. But like the old saying, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

So should I do it?

It was dinner time and I had hardly touched my food. Layla was the first to notice this, as usually.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I'm just thinking." I tell her.

"Thinking about what?" Zara speaks up this time.

"Are you thinking about tomorrow?" Talia asks.

"It will be okay. You have us." Lex joins in.

She's right. I have a whole new family here. Though I may not have known them long, they all seem genuine. I smile at the thought. I've never known such love in my life. My mother only ever loved her drugs and alcohol. My father had his pack to worry about, and the pack had hated me. Only acting on that hate when he or Max wasn't around.

"I know." I say smiling at them. "And thank you. All of you."

"You know you're always safe here my love." Zane says as he walks up behind me.

"I know." I repeat. "I still appreciate all the love."

"You're the Luna, officially or not they know you are." He reminds me.

A packs heart is its Luna. Every pack member has the basic instinct of desire to protect and cherish their Luna. This pack was no exception. That's what they don't care to help out with the plan tomorrow.

Zanes POV

She's so nervous, and I can't say I blame her. But there's no reason for her to be. I won't let him lay a finger on her ever again. I'll be there with her the whole time. Whether she knows it or not.

After dinner she went to our room to rest and I went to my office to finish up some work for tomorrow. As I'm elbow deep in paperwork I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in!"

Who else besides my Beta, Gamma, Talia, Zara, Novas father, brother, sister and best friend all walk into my office together.

Well this isn't weird or anything...

"What can I do for... you all?" I ask.

"We want to know if you need any help with anything for tomorrow." Max says.

"Yeah, we'll do anything you need." KC joins.

"And I need a role to play." Layla jokes.

These people will be the death of me. I run my hand down my face and just stare at them as they continue their own conversations.

"You have a role. It's pissed off best friend." Alexa laughs

"I want a role where I can hurt him." Layla growls.

"Well you could always slap him." Zara adds.

"Ooo yeah! Slap him hard!" Talia starts giggling.

Kill me now...

"Can I slap him?" Max jokes and his father just shakes his head at him.

"Seriously Zane, is there anything we can do?" Alpha Storms asks.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. But we have it under control. All you all need to do is act like she's really dead." I tell them and they all nod.

They slowly start to file out of my office, but Felix stays behind. I look at him and raise a brow.

"You sure you're good man? I mean, the guy who almost killed her will be here tomorrow." He reminds me.

I growl at the thought. "I know. It's all handled though. Nova wants to deal with him herself, for the most part."

"And you're okay with that?"

"Oh I'll be with her the whole time. She doesn't need to know that though." I tell him.

"Ah, I see. Okay man, well if you need anything from me just let me know." He says as he leaves my office.

Finally

I finish up my paperwork and head up to my room. I hope to find Nova in our bed, but it's empty. I find her asleep in the bathtub. As cute as she is, she doesn't need to fall asleep in the damn bathtub.

Novas POV

I'm minding my own business and relaxing. Taking a bath and letting the hot water slowly run to keep me warm. I let my head fall back and my eyes close as I think about everything that's been going on, and about tomorrow.

I don't know how long I lay like that. All I know is that for once I feel relaxed and peaceful.

"AAAHHHH!!!"

"AAAAHHHHHH!!!" I scream as I swing my fist and make contact with something.

So much for relaxed and peaceful...

"Fuck my nose!" I hear Zane yell.

Oh shit... I hit Zane...

I start laughing uncontrollably. I can't believe I just punched Zane in the nose. It's what he gets for scaring me.

Asshole...

"Really?"

"What?" I ask.

"You hit me, that's what!"

"You scared me!" I retort.

"You were asleep in the damn bathtub! You shouldn't fall asleep in the bathtub!"

"I wasn't asleep genius! I was resting my eyes and relaxing." I tell him.

He just mumbles something about the squirrels being easier to live with. I can't help but start laughing again. Until I see him holding his nose and blood running down his face.

"Come here. Let me clean you up."

That seems to brighten his mood as he strips down and joins me in the bathtub.

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters