💋𝟑𝟔.

"Blackberry Molasses. . ."
-Mista💋

Chapter 36:

Ariel

Sunday

Sunday

Ariel stepped from the all black Benz on the corner of 147th and Convent with the grace of a jungle cat, meaty thighs pressing against the white fabric of her desinger high-waisted skinny jeans. She wore a black crop top, to try and stay cool as possible from the ever merciless sun, and her curled hair flowed freely down her back.

All eyes were on her as she strutted up the block in her Manolo Blahnik heels. As she entered the walk-up apartment building, she literally bumped into Ryan. When she braced her hands against his chest, she could feel the heavy vest strapped to him.

Ryan looked like he was about to reach for something until he realized who it was. Letting his hand fall easily back to his side, he smiled at Ariel.

"Damn, nigga, where're you going in such a hurry?" Ariel asked.

"My fault, Ari'," Ryan said. "I had to see my man, 'n I ain't wanna' be on 'dis block like 'dat dirty. Jumpouts all up 'n down 'dis shit. What you doin' over here?"

"Gotta' go check my grandmother."

"Word, I ain't know you had family on 'dis block."

"There's a lot you don't know about me." She gave him a seductive wink.

Ryan moved closer, invading her space,
" 'Den you need to let a nigga find out."

"Cut it out, Ryan." She pushed him back to a comfortable distance. "We're just friends, remember? You know we can't go there,"

"Shit I'm sayin' tho' we could, if you quit playin'. My sis ain't gotta' know nun', I know how to keep a secret."

"I promised her, Ry'. 'Dat would be foul. Plus, I'm a woman of my word. And even if we were to cross 'dat line, what da' hell am I supposed to do with yo' ass?"

He smirked, as if he had been waiting for her to ask that very question.

"Let me show you how a real man treats a lady," he said smoothly.

Ariel sucked her teeth, "Oh, so you're a real man?"

"Let me tell you sumn', Ari'," Ryan said, becoming serious. "I'ma man wit' purpose. I'm gonna' blow up or throw up out here, shorty. Think on 'dat one 'n get back wit' me."

Ryan winked at her and hotfooted it down the block. Ariel waited until he was a good distance away to smile.

" 'Dat nigga sumn' else, I swear." Ariel said, and laughed before heading into the building.

------