030. ball preparations

klaus' birthday was a success; they played by the fountain, they collected rocks, they went on a couple of walks, and they finished the night off with stargazing

a few days have passed, time has been going by pretty quick to both andie and evan.

it was the masquerade ball.

there was no special reason for the ball, they just wanted to have one for the heck of it.

to andie, it was a bit exhausting. having all of these events in such short amount of time, how do people keep up with these events?!

currently andie was choosing between two puffy gowns maeve prepared for her, she was starting to like gowns if she was being honest.

"what's the dress code, evan?"

"dark colors."

"boring — okay, maybe the red one." andie spoke, pointing towards the dress on maeve's right.

the dress had a puffy, layered maroon skirt that had the texture of silk, a black laced bodice, sleeves off the shoulder, and matching black velvet heels.

to add onto it, a mask the covered around the eyes and nose matched the maroon and black laced features.

that mask is also known as; the colombina

"good, that one's my favorite. now, go put it on! you're going to look absolutely gorgeous!" maeve squealed.

"okay, okay!" andie giggled, collecting the gown before exiting to head towards the bathroom.

immediately after andie left, maeve breathed a sigh of relief as they sat themselves onto the bed.

"are you doing alright?" evan asked the fairy, who seemed to be exhausted and stressed.

"i'm fine. i'm just worried about andromeda."

"why?"

"ezekiel. he's so... he's just... what if he does something to andie tonight? what if he attempts something on her again?"

"ezekiel?"

"the ex-king?"

"oh! — he won't. i won't let him go near andie at all, not on my watch. he'll have to go through josh and i." evan assured.

"are you sure? you won't let ezekiel get to andie?"

he couldn't promise maeve that he'll keep ezekiel away from andie, accidents happen; who knows what tricks ezekiel's got up his sleeves.

"i'll do the best i can."

"holy shit, guys. look at this dress!" andie spoke, appearing at the doorway.

"you look gorgeous, andie." maeve spoke, approaching her as they gave her a soft smile.

"maeve, are you okay? you seem worried." andie asked, cupping maeve's face with both of her hands.

in response, maeve shook their head. "just go have fun, i'll be in your necklace as always."

they gave her a smile before transforming back into the stone. inside, maeve was worried. they had some sort of feeling they can't describe.

all they hoped was that nothing goes wrong tonight, is that too much to ask for?