The Sacrifice

Here's the second chapter as promised!
I look forward to your comments! Vote if you like this chapter!

Now are you guys ready for Luna and Nik finally meeting or what?!

♥️ Happy reading! ♥️

Seeing Nik in my so-called dreams no longer came as a surprise, but what did surprise me was how quickly I accepted it. If I wasn't already a bit on the crazy side I would have been shocked by how okay I was with it.

Nik was walking deeper in the woods with Elijah by his side which came as a pleasant surprise. A part of me was worried that Nik would just dagger him, but for some reason, he didn't. 

He didn't notice me yet, so I approached him as if I had been there all along, walking by his side. He seemed surprised to see me for some reason "What are you doing here?" His surprise quickly turned into annoyance and...anger? I must bring out the best in him, I have no other explanation. 

Elijah looked frustrated, his face was blank, with no sign of any emotion. He was clenching his fists which went unnoticed by Nik since he was staring at me. "Niklaus, you're the one that wanted me to come with you. So please, do tell, what is the problem this time?"

I smiled innocently at Nik who was trying to walk away from me, but I could see him glancing in my direction every once in a while. "Yes, love, please do tell, what is the problem this time?"

He grunted trying to ignore my existence but I could see that he wanted to give me a piece of his mind. Then in a moment, all his self-control was gone "The problem is that I don't want you here, so why are you?"

Elijah looked at Niklaus confused until he realized that Nik's attention was somewhere else. Huh, I guess he couldn't see me. 

I just continued smiling innocently, that would surely annoy him more than if I was laughing in his face. "You know, if I was anyone else then I would have believed that, but we both know that if you weren't thinking about me I wouldn't be here." 

He groaned looking ahead ignoring me once again, Elijah kept staring at Nik as if he had gone crazy and honestly he has. It just happened a long time ago and not recently. "Niklaus who are you talking to?" Elijah's voice sounded distraught to which I chuckled not being able to control myself "Come on Nikki, don't you want to be polite and introduce me to your brother?"

He shot me a mean look and continued walking ahead, ignoring the worried look coming from his brother, while I kept chuckling at his child-like behavior. "Fine, be like that. Yeah, sure, I made sure you knew about the doppelganger's existence, I convinced you to fix your relationship with Elijah, I even got the moonstone for you, but you're completely right, you should just ignore me. After all, it's not like I helped you achieve all of this."

He grunted finally stopping to look at me "Yes, I know, love. I'm very grateful for everything, but now is really not the best time for this conversation." his eyes showed his annoyance loud and clear, there was something else there, but it was gone before I could figure out what. Not that it mattered. I was no longer amused.