第24章 - Sayanora

"Sensei, why are we here?" Momo asked in confusion, looking around one of the many empty rooms in the Kyoto school

"Sensei, why are we here?" Momo asked in confusion, looking around one of the many empty rooms in the Kyoto school. This room sported a large television screen connected to a computer.

"We're having a meeting with Gojo Hiyori" Utahime replied causing her students to look at her in surprise. This was definitely unexpected.

'Oh my goodness, Gojo Hiyori? We're having a meeting with Gojo Hiyori?!' Miwa's eyes lit up in excitement. 'Wait...is my hair okay? I hope my suit doesn't have any wrinkles!'

"Eh? Why?" Mai asked, her reaction was practically the complete opposite of Miwa's. Mai really didn't want to see her twin sister's best friend of all people.  Utahime shrugged.

"She was the one who requested it." Utahime replied, pressing the button to turn the television screen on before she pressed the call button next to Hiyori's account on the video chatting application they would be using - a suggestion by Utahime.

"Hello!" Hiyori greeted, waving her bandaged arm. There was a large bandage wrapped around her head and both of her arms were covered in bandages that snuck up her light blue hospital patient shirt. The Kyoto students' eyes widened in shock at the state of the strongest female sorcerer in the world. There had been rumors that Gojo Hiyori had been hurt on a recent mission. No one believed in them since the prospect of someone as strong as her being injured was hard to fathom but this just confirmed it. It was obvious from her surroundings that she was at the Tokyo school's infirmary, most likely because someone of her stature would raise immediate alerts, of both sorcerers and cursed users alike, if she were hospitalized since someone like her, an anomaly, always had a target on her back.

"Utahime-sensei, can you all hear me?" Hiyori asked, leaning in closer and staring at what the students assumed was her laptop camera.

"We can hear you" Utahime said, shaking her head slightly at the girl's lack of technical knowledge even though she was supposed to be a teenager. Back when she was a teenager, she navigated this video calling application like a tech whiz. In fact, she still did. It was an accomplishment she was quite proud of.

"Maki, I think the screen is frozen" Hiyori said, turning to the side. Her twin's name was enough to cause Mai to stiffen. She gritted her teeth in animosity. Of course Maki would be there. Why wouldn't she be? She was Gojo Hiyori's best friend.

"Hah? Is it?" Maki's head popped up on the screen. The dark-haired girl's nose wrinkled slightly before she turned to look at Hiyori. "It's not frozen. They're just in shock." Hiyori's lips parted slightly in an 'o' shape out of understanding.

"Shake" Toge said in agreement from somewhere off-camera.

"Why are you using such an old application to video call anyway? This is from like a decade ago. No one uses this except old people" Utahime's brow twitched slightly at Maki's comment.