24.

Grace's POV

"Miss Miller!" We all looked towards Ellie who lifted her head off the table when the professor called on her.

"Leave my class right now please" he demanded. I looked at Ellie and she looked exhausted "I'm sorry sir-" he cut her off "now please"

She stood up, taking her stuff and looking at me. She smiled weakly then walked out of the class.

"What's up with her?" Camila whispered. I looked at her and shrugged "I don't know"

I didn't tell her that Ellie said she liked me and I don't know if it's a good idea or not but that's not the problem right now.

Ellie looks tired. She has dark circles under her eyes, she keeps sleeping in her classes, I barely even see her in the dorm anymore and it's only been two days since she told me.

I hope I'm not causing her trouble. I don't want her to be suffering from me even though I know I hurt her, I just like Camila but I feel like I like Ellie too, still though..I like Camila.

I think..

———

I walked into the dorm and the first thing I did was look around for Ellie and see if she's here and she is.

She's asleep on the couch. Small quiet snores leaving her mouth, looking like that's the only time she actually slept in a while.

I went to get an extra blanket and covered her with it. I crouched down next to her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead as I moved some hair away from her face "I'm sorry"

I stood up, taking my backpack that I left on the floor when I walked in then went to my room. I closed the door quietly making sure to not make any noises to wake her up.

After changing into some sweatpants and a shirt, I sat on the bed and took my books, starting to study for the final exams for this semester that we're having in a few weeks.

They make me so nervous even if I know I studied. I always get straight A's but anxiety honestly helps me get the best grades I could.

I put a notebook on the side and started writing the important things in every lesson. I study every lesson we take in the same day just so it wouldn't be so much pressure when I have to study for the finals but I still get nervous and anxious.

Hopefully everything goes well..

———

My room door opened quietly and slowly, showing Ellie who looked like she just woke up from her nap.

"Oh you're awake. Sorry I thought you were sleeping" she said wanting to walk out "you know the fact that you walked in thinking I'm asleep is kinda creepy" I said jokingly to her "I just wanted to check if you were having a nightmare. I didn't mean to be creepy" she said looking down.

She thought i was being serious. Jesus Grace you should've known that it's a bad timing to joke like that.

"Hey it's okay. I was just joking" she looked up from the ground, her tired eyes meeting my eyes "oh, I'm sorry. My head isn't processing things right now" she said laughing a little.

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize for it" I said frowning. Why is she apologizing?

She smiled and looked down at my books "what are you studying?" She asked me. I looked down at my books "just getting ready for the finals"

"Okay, do you maybe..want some company?" She asked. I smiled and nodded, tapping the space on the bed next to me.

She came towards me and sat down. I started studying again and she just sat there in silence "hey stop doing that" I looked at her, confused on what she means.

"What do you mean?" I asked, she sat up and wiped my bottom lip with her thumb softly "you keep biting your lip and it's bleeding" she said quietly, showing me the blood on her thumb.

"Oh god" I said a little embarrassed that she had to see that. It's just a bad habit, I don't even notice I bite my lip a lot until it starts leaving marks on it.

"It's okay.." she said putting her hand on my thigh for a second to comfort me. She reached out for a tissue and her hand made it's way up to my cheek holding it softly as the other wiped the blood of my lips.

"It's really bad when you do that" I looked down and nodded "I know but it's just a bad habit"

"I know..don't be embarrassed about it either" she said softly. I looked up at her and she smiled "you still look pretty" she added.

I felt my cheeks heat up at what she said so I looked away hoping she didn't see me blushing at her compliment.

I heard my phone ringing so I took it and saw that my mom is calling. I answered it and put it up to my ear "hey mom"

We talked for a bit and Ellie was just looking at me the whole time, a small smile on her face the whole time seeing me laugh and talk to my mom.

She took a pen and I looked at her, not knowing what she's gonna do. She started writing somethings in the notes that I already memorized which made me smile at how she's helping me.

She put lines under somethings in the book and looked at me, writing a question on top of it and circling the answer. Like "what would you do if" or "what would happen in the following situations" she was giving me examples and making sure I don't forget anything which I find kind of cute.

"How are your friends?" My mom asked. I remembered making a friend today when I was eating lunch, her name is Alexis and she's really nice.

"I made a friend today" I said excitedly "her name is Alexis and she's really nice" Ellie looked at me and smiled "you're cute" she said quietly so my mom wouldn't hear it, making my cheek turn bright pink again.

"I'll talk to you later mom. Tell Becky I love her and miss her" I hung up and Ellie sat up. I wanted to take the pen from her but she shook her head "sleep, it's already 1am"

"But we don't have classes tomorrow" I said. She nodded "exactly. You need to sleep well. Don't stress, you're a very smart girl and there is still time to study, you'll be getting the best grades because of this pretty brain of yours..don't worry"

I smiled as her thumb rubbed my cheek softly "stop stressing and get some rest, I'm taking you for breakfast tomorrow" she said standing up and taking my books, putting them on the small table I had in my room.

"I'm just gonna go brush my teeth" I said standing up and going to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and went back to my room. I got in bed "no goodnight? Damn" I looked at Ellie who stood by the door.

I laughed "goodnight" she came towards me and placed a kiss on my forehead "goodnight, beautiful lady"