chapter seventy two

6 March 1977

11:42 pm

"Fia? Are you awake?"

Ophelia looked up from her book about Wimbly the Wise and turned around to see Remus. She was sitting on one of the red couches in front of the warm fireplace, her pages illuminated by pale moonlight pouring in through the windows.

"Hey, Rem. What's up?" she softly smiled.

"I was thinking-"

"Wow, that's quite unlike you!"

"Shut up. Anyways, I was thinking since we don't have a Hogsmeade weekend for another few weeks, I need to take you out on a date. A real date. What do you say?"

"It's almost midnight, it's a school night, and it's freezing out-"

"Well, we don't have to. It was just an idea-"

"I'm so in. What do you have in store for us, Remus Lupin?"

"You'll just have to wait and see. Now go change into something warm and I'll meet you back here in five minutes?"

Ophelia agreed and changed into a pink sweater with bellbottoms and combat boots. She found Remus back in the common room wearing a red sweater, plaid trousers, and brown lace up boots.

"Hey love," Remus held out a hand for her, to which she took. "We're going to Hogsmeade first, so we need to get to the statue of the one eyed witch without being seen. James revoked my invisibility cloak rights, so we'll have to just watch for Filch."

"What did you do for James to revoke your invisibility cloak rights?" Ophelia asked, trying to laugh quietly as they walked out of the portrait hole.

"Snuck up on some first years and pushed them off a bench. James didn't seem to think it very funny, which is such a shame because last year he would've done the same."

"Oh, how the tables have turned," Ophelia smiled to herself, remembering the conversation she and James had a while ago, and why he might be acting so mature all of a sudden.

The pair of them walked for a few minutes throughout the passageway to the Honeyduke's cellar, until they finally snuck out of the shop and into the cool spring air.

"We may need to walk a bit further, but not far just to the end of the street," Remus said, trying to keep his plan a secret from the intuitive girl next to him.

As soon as they made it to the end of the street, Remus told Ophelia to "stand back," and waved his hand in the air a few times.

A very tall purple bus seemed like it popped into view and Ophelia gasped, "Remus Lupin, you cheeky bastard!"

A man stepped out of the bus, looking on the older end of middle aged with mostly grey hair and large round glasses, giving him an owlish appearance. He took a hold of the vertical hand railing and slid around it until he reached the ground a foot below, if that.

"Hello lovebirds, my name is Ernie Prang, and I'll be your conductor this evening on the Knight Bus. Come on in, don't be shy," he waved them into the bus. "Now, where is it that we can take you on this fine evening?"

"Yeah Remus, where is it that we are going on this fine evening?" Ophelia turned and faced him.

"Inverness," he said, with a sly smirk to his girlfriend.

"You heard the boy!" shouted Ernie to the driver of the bus, of whom they couldn't see.

Only Remus had been on the Knight Bus before, Ophelia only having read about it. He sat them both down on one of the beds and they held on before the bus jolted forward and they went off.

"So, Inverness?" Ophelia inquired.

"Oh, I have such a wonderful idea. I've been wanting to do this for a while actually. But until we get there, my lips are sealed," Remus said, pretending to zip shut his lips, lock them, and throw the key away.

"You know, I don't think I've ever been to Inverness before. There aren't any wizarding institutions there, or around there even. I haven't been to any muggle towns actually, just wizarding. Is it different?"

"To an extent. But I think you'll love it. And with me, your all knowing, halfblood tour guide, you'll get a very accurate idea of what muggle life is like. At least, for a night out."

"Inverness!" Ernie announced and he let the two off, taking a handful of sickles from Remus.

Remus helped Ophelia down the steps and they watched as the bus sped off. Ophelia turned around in looked in awe. The streets were well lit and although it was late, quite a few people were walking around. The couple walked down a sidewalk, Ophelia peering into the many shop windows of cafes, bookstores, boutiques, and more that wouldn't open until the next morning.

There was a building tucked in a street corner between the other shops, except it had a large, boxy overhang with lights and large words that said La Scala. Ophelia registered that it was a cinema, she had learned about those last year in her muggle studies class.

"A cinema!" she exclaimed, pointing it out to Remus.

"Well spotted, my dear. And that is exactly where I had planned for us to go!" he smiled down at her, watching as her eyes widened in awe.

"We're going to be watching a muggle film? Like a real muggle film?"

"Have you ever heard of Star Wars?"

"...No? Should I know what that is?"

"You actually should, but since you don't, tonight I will introduce you to it. And I'm so glad that I'm the one who actually gets to share it with you. Pete's actually a big fan of Star Wars, maybe you two can talk about it."

"Alright. I'm guessing it's a muggle movie?"

"That is correct, ten points to Gryffindor."

"What's it about?"

"You'll just have to wait and see. Now come on!"

Remus and Ophelia walked up to the ticket booth and Remus paid for two tickets to Star Wars Episode IV, and the two entered into the theatre. Remus bought popcorn and soda for the two of them and they made their way to their designated theatre.

"Ladies first," Remus motioned to Ophelia.

"Well then, by all means, darling," Ophelia said, gesturing for Remus to go in first.

He threw a piece of popcorn at her and walked in. 

a/n: what should fia's marauder nickname be? I'm thinking something to do with serpent bearer (bc ophichius) but like idk what to make it