十 | 𝐓𝐄𝐍

「CHAPTER TEN: WANTED WOMAN」

NOW PLAYING:
スキップ - 初音ミク FT. さとうもか
||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||
01:05 ━━━━⬤─────── 02:44

"The first game of the first year stage is over." 

Students around her were panting, trying to regain their breath after rushing to finish the final stage of the obstacle course. 

Her right hand fiddled around with a piece of fluff left on her uniform, then quickly coming up towards the back of her head, fixing her blindfold and tightening the knot, making sure it was still secure.

Y/N turned around, turning her attention back to the R-rated hero as she spoke. 

"Now, take a look at the results!"

The white-haired prodigy now focused on the leaderboard behind Midnight, eyes searching over the results.

1st: A Group - L/N Y/N

2nd: A Group - Midoriya Izuku

3rd: A Group - Todoroki Shouto

4th: A Group - Bakugou Katsuki

5th: B Group - Shiozaki Ibara

After reading all the way through the leaderboard, Y/N noticed that it only went up to 42nd place. 'Huh. Why does it end there?'

Midnight's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"The top 42 made it through to the next round. It's unfortunate, but don't worry even if you didn't make it!"

'Ah. That makes sense. It cut off at 42 students, meaning the next round must be in some sort of group setting.' Y/N thought, bringing one hand up to scratch the side of her neck.

"The real competition begins next! The press cavalry'll be all over it! Give it you all!"

'Cavalry? What a weird word to say right now.' The hand scratching the side of her neck now scratched the bottom of her chin.

"Now then, here is the second game. I already know what it is, but what could it be? What could it be?"

The hologram screen behind Midnight spun once again, preparing to show the next event. As it spun, Midnight dramatically waved her hands, gesturing to the screen as she spoke.

"I just said it, and now, here it is..."

The screen now showed the text 'Cavalry Battle'. 

Y/N heard students around her stare at the announcement in confusion and shock, some sulking. 

"A cavalry battle?"

"I'm bad at those..."

"It's not an individual event, so I wonder how it'll work..."

"Cavalry battle!"

Y/N watched as midnight turned around to face the screen, her navy hair swishing as she turned.

"Let me explain. The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is..."

She now turned her head back to look at the students, eyes slightly narrowed.

"...based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned a point value."

"Point values depending on what place you came in for the obstacle race? Interesting. In other words, each team was going to be worth a different amount of points because each member will differ in what place they came. Smart."