44. power outage

044

044

Days proceeded normally, workflow was the same as always.

Though her work was similar to past days, there were just a couple of things that changed.

Devora thought that Hoseok's high-strung nerves would dissipate as days went on, which, it did.

However, when she would go out and purchase the items he required, his card would decline for inadequate funds.

It was unnerving.

What does that mean? Was he going bankrupt?

Imagining it made her stomach twist heinously.

She wasn't concerned about losing her job or what she would do if she would have to be let go. She was concerned for Hoseok.

What would he do? Where would he go?

These thoughts pricked at her brain incessantly at the most vulnerable times.

When she would lay awake in bed late at night with nobody left to mollify her gloomy thoughts.

Was Hobi also worried? No, he held such an optimistic and cheerful mentality.

Devora was nearly wasting her time thinking about those kinds of consequences.

Yet, each time his card would decline, Devora would have to pay for the amount.

Which wasn't much of an issue — if she was wealthy, she would simply give Hoseok all his cards back and take care of everything he ordered — but, she could only cover so much.

The unfathomable expression leaked out of Hoseok whenever she told him about his cards, and how they weren't working. He always tried to hide it behind his buoyant mask, but Devora could see how frustrated he'd become.

And each time it happened, he handed her a new one.

'He won't always have credit cards to hand to me if this continues...' Devora mused, plowing her finger through her hair.

Staring into the bathroom mirror as she lectured herself.

Taking a deep breath in, shutting her eyes.

She knew that if those fearful and anxious concepts were sustained any longer, it wouldn't be sufficient news for her mind.

Back then, her anxiety and capability of overthinking were so tenacious to the point where she would start to see things.