Chapter Twenty Two

"Where are we going..." I frowned, looking around at the occasional glances of the pedestrians moving past. "You never explicitly told me where you wanted to go before you showed up suddenly." I expressed disapproval in my words.

He glanced down at me. "We need to get to know each other." He spoke calmly. "And I'm running out of time..." His voice grew lower, quieter.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, puzzled, trying to move my hand out of his warm grip to avoid attention but also enjoying the strange feeling of it.

But he shrugged off the question and didn't answer, keeping relatively quiet as he walked with me down the road. He seemed to have an idea where he was going, which I questioned.

"Used to go here." He gestured towards a kebab shop.

There was a man sitting outside the door on a chair smoking, the door to the shop had a glass window that had black Sellotape taping together the cracks, and the wider window to the shop was covered mostly in flyers.

"Nice food?" I asked doubtfully.

"Great." He nodded. "I mean sometimes the meat kinda smells weird, tastes good though, bit chewy. They were very clean, except for their tables; sticky, and their floor; there was always something to step on down there."

I frowned. Well that sounded appetising.

~⌣︵⌣︵⌣︵⌣︵⌣︵⌣~

We soon found ourselves outside a small bar and restaurant with a side entrance and I only had a second to look up and read the sign which read 'Cinaplus' before he pulled me inside.

"Where is this?"

"Cinema."

"You were planning on going here? What are we watching? How long is it?"

He tutted. "Spur of the moment. I don't know and I don't know. C'mon, go in." He ushered me inside.

I wasn't sure what to expect, it wasn't that I thought of him as some sort of sex friend, I wasn't into that, as I'd previously mentioned... but the last time we watched a movie together... well I didn't watch much of it before I was distracted.

The longer I stayed around him the more I noticed that prickling as well, a sort of heat that was swimming below the surface, made me feel a little on edge.

I was slowly. "We need to plan this ahead of time, what if I was too tired?" I groused.

"Are you?"

"Not at the moment."

"Well if you get tired I'll carry you home, like a princess." He smirked.

And I didn't doubt him, sometimes the way he moved I got the impression he was far stronger than was possible, but then again the idea of people seeing something like that made my face feel rather heated. "I'd rather sleep in the cinema..." I mumbled.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Don't be rebellious, if you're tired I'll carry you."

"I could just arrange for a taxi." I replied sensibly.

When he began to slow down I did too, and watched him glance at me. Something dark flickered in his eyes for a second as he briefly stopped and looked down at me. He was tense for a moment, then closed his eyes and inhaled, stepping forwards as before.