46. official

046

046

tw: just a heads up! this chapter will be bringing up issues with weight loss
and touching on the subjects of body
image, proceed with caution. thank
you, and enjoy reading!

After all the milling and searching around Devora and Jungkook did to find those battery-operated lamps, they were able to ultimately get their date started.

It was initially planned that they were going to eat at a restaurant together, but a major change of events occurred once they saw that the winds and thunderstorms made a perilous mixture.

She didn't mind staying in with him.

Sure, she was looking forward to having a nice meal with Jungkook, but staying in was for the better.

Devora could use some relaxation and conversations with him, anyway.

They did it over the phone as often as possible, but it was different in person.

Devora's fear of being alone in the dark dissipated over time, mostly because Jungkook being there made it better.

Sitting down with him and having a chat was something so beyond therapeutic for Devora. She never would have guessed that anybody could unfurl that entangled pressure in her gut.

Even a simple gaze from his jet-black eyes had her happiness burgeoning, a fiery passion taking over the knots in her stomach.

Burning up into her throat, her words stumbling over one another, inebriated by the smokey mess he unequivocally caused.

"Rain is okay, sometimes it can be relaxing." Devora mumbled, the ends of her hair sliding through her fingers. "When it's calm and not windy. I enjoy it more when my power stays on."

"I really enjoy the rain, cold weather is my favorite." Jungkook added to her statement. "I like wearing bigger and warmer clothes, and winter is perfect for it."

Devora was laid down on a small portion of the couch, she kept her feet tucked under Jungkook's legs to keep them warm, too comfortable to get up and put some socks on.

She did end up changing out of that small dress, putting on some shorts and an old T-shirt from college to keep her snug. Her hands rubbed against the side of her arms to spark up some heat.

Jungkook must've noticed her feeble attempt to try and keep herself warm being that he got up from the couch to retrieve his large leather jacket.

Devora sat up, arms still wrapped over her body. "Oh, Jungkook you don't have to- I mean I literally have blankets here-"

"Shh, it's okay. You can just wear mine. It had cloth inside, it'll keep you warm, see?" He bestowed her the warm fleece inside the coat, opening it up for her.