Chapter-38

(Manik and Riya reach Malhotra Mansion and go to their room

(Manik and Riya reach Malhotra Mansion and go to their room. Riya then goes to get fresh and comes out after some time.)

Manik- Great. Now come, let's eat.

Riya (chuckling)- Haan Manik khaa lungi main. Relax.

[Riya (chuckling)- Yes, Manik. I will eat. Relax.]

Manik- But mujhe bhookh lagi hai yaar. Jaldi karo.

[Manik- But I am hungry. Hurry.]

(She looks on at him, shocked at this statement.)

Riya- You are hungry too? Why?

Manik- Matlab main bhi insaan ka hi bacha hoon naa. To mujhe bhi bhookh lagti hai.

[Manik- Means I am also a child of a human being, right? So I feel hungry too.]

Riya- Manik tum ne khaana nahi khaya?

[Riya- Manik, you haven't eaten?]

Manik- Vo mujhe tab bhookh nahi thi.

[Manik- I was not hungry then.]

(But inside, he knows that the actual reason was something else. He was not feeling good when she was not around, so he couldn't eat without her.)

Riya- And why weren't you hungry, Manik? Hmm?

Manik- If not, it was not there, man. Don't do this now. And now I am hungry. So be quick now.

Riya- Okay, okay. Come now.

(They both then go down. They have just reached the dining area when Cabir comes to them.)

Cabir- Bhabhi, you have done wonders. You are genuinely a rock star.

Riya (smiling)- Thank you so much, Cabir.

(Cabir then sees Mukti passing from there, so he speaks loudly to tease her.)

Cabir- Baakiyon ka to pata nahi Bhabhi, but iss ghar mein bhi kuch log aise hain, jin ko ek doctor ki bohot zarurat hai. I mean you, of course. So please unn he bhi theek kar do.

[Cabir- I don't know about others, sister-in-law, but some people in this house also need a doctor. I mean you, of course. So please, treat them too.]

(Manik chuckles at Cabir's remarks, and Riya signs them to be quiet as she sees Mukti coming to them. Manik shakes his head in disbelief and goes to a side to answer a call.)